Helmet question

Almost Famous

Feb 3, 2006
I want to get a top of the line helmet (giro, bell, specialized) but I don't know what color I should get. I have a team red Specialized Allez Triple...so should I match my bike, or go with my favorite colors?

Oh, I have something to say here! :D I bought an expensive Giro couple of years back. Only, I bought the team colors...blue/red. Now in 2 years I have collected several outfits and team jerseys and have ended up so colorful that I hate it! And my green shorts, the now red and black bike(not the one that matched the helmet)

Suggestion. Buy neutral helmet, shoes and shorts. Helmets stick around longer than bikes and start looking weird every time you buy new jerseys.

netscriber said:
Oh, I have something to say here! :D I bought an expensive Giro couple of years back. Only, I bought the team colors...blue/red. Now in 2 years I have collected several outfits and team jerseys and have ended up so colorful that I hate it! And my green shorts, the now red and black bike(not the one that matched the helmet)

Suggestion. Buy neutral helmet, shoes and shorts. Helmets stick around longer than bikes and start looking weird every time you buy new jerseys.
I was considering neutral colors, like a white or all black helmet. Which do you think would like best with most jerseys?

Almost Famous said:
I was considering neutral colors, like a white or all black helmet. Which do you think would like best with most jerseys?
I just bought the specialized decibel in matt black. Always matches all my black shorts. But I think white is good too. You are more visible if you ride in the evening or night.