Helmet sizes

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by The Big Baguett, Feb 17, 2003.

  1. How do I measure my head size in cms? i.e. where do I put the tape?
    --
    The Big Baguette

    Tags:

  2. The Big Baguette wrote:
    > How do I measure my head size in cms? i.e. where do I put the tape?

    Ask your sleeping partner. :)
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  3. In article <[email protected]>, Michael MacClancy
    <[email protected]> writes
    >The Big Baguette wrote:
    >> How do I measure my head size in cms? i.e. where do I put the tape?
    >
    >Ask your sleeping partner. :)
    >--
    Not that head. Not that helmet. Filthy person.
    --
    The Big Baguette

  4. >Ask your sleeping partner. :)

    Hehehe ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  5. >How do I measure my head size in cms? i.e. where do I put the tape?

    See http://www.cycleemporium.com/htm/sizing_chart2.cfm

    Hope it helps a bit.

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  6. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Apparantly the tape should go around your head at the point where the circumference is biggest. This
    obviously varies from individual to individual. Cheers Richard "Michael MacClancy"
    > The Big Baguette wrote:
    > > How do I measure my head size in cms? i.e. where do I put the tape?
    >
    > Ask your sleeping partner. :)
    > --
    > Michael MacClancy

  7. Msa

    Msa Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >How do I measure my head size in cms? i.e. where do I put the tape?

    Above your eyes and below your hair!

    Sorry! :)

    --
    Mark
    ______________________________________

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  8. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:53:15 +0000, The Big Baguette <[email protected]> wrote:

    >How do I measure my head size in cms

    <pedant>you can't measure your head meaningfully for helmet sizing in "centimetre seconds"</pedant>

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  9. ecce_ecce

    ecce_ecce New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2003
    This may sound really stupid, but,

    You could try going to HALFORDS :eek:

    I know, I know perhaps not the number 1 choice for "serious cyclists"

    BUT

    They have a section devoted to buying the right helmet, and even provide cool little paper tape measures - Halfords deserve a "thumbs up" for this - it appears to be a winner.

    I think they must also have special contracts with the manufactures as well. :confused:

    I got a top line giro road racing helmet for £20 less than ANYWHERE else - good value. :D

    I DO NOT work for HALFORDS, any suggestion that I do, will be fully pursued according to international law.