Helmet Wankers

Tom Kunich

Guest
As is always the case at this time of the year, some ****** has to bring up
helmets in a way that shows helmet wankers as what they are - stupid ass
blowhards:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3451325.stm

You can take the cowboy out of the country but you can't take the hat off of the cowboy.

Next: baby safety helmet for any time they're put in strollers.

Tom Kunich wrote:

> As is always the case at this time of the year, some ****** has to bring up helmets in a way that
> shows helmet wankers as what they are - stupid ass blowhards:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3451325.stm
>
> You can take the cowboy out of the country but you can't take the hat off of the cowboy.
>
> Next: baby safety helmet for any time they're put in strollers.

:)

Can you picture Crocodile Dundee in a foam hat?

How would he attach the animal-claw headband?

"Aw, no, mate, y'can't be puttin' that on there! Why, what if one of them claws fell off and
scratched yer chin? That counts as a head injury, y'know!"

--
Frank Krygowski [To reply, omit what's between "at" and "cc"]

> As is always the case at this time of the year, some ****** has to bring
up
> helmets in a way that shows helmet wankers as what they are - stupid ass blowhards:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3451325.stm
>
> You can take the cowboy out of the country but you can't take the hat off
of
> the cowboy.
>
> Next: baby safety helmet for any time they're put in strollers.

Christopher Reeves fell from a horse and landed *helmet first* ... fat lotta good it did him.

C.Q.C.

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> As is always the case at this time of the year, some ****** has to bring up helmets in a way that
> shows helmet wankers as what they are

Hey Tom

Tom since when has the helmet debate been a limited to a certain time of the year? And besides, it's
summer in Australia and winter in America so you can't say it's due to the weather. Us helmet
wankers like to look after our heads all year 'round, unlike the non-helmet wankers who just don't
seem to care at all.

Marty

Marty <[email protected]> wrote:
: Us helmet wankers like to look after our heads all year 'round, unlike the non-helmet wankers who
: just don't seem to care at all.

& we're off ...

hey, coincidentally look what i rediscovered a few weeks ago. i hadn't seen these in years.

+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \ @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__ \||/ | | | (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

... or alternately:
___________________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please don't |
/ O O\__ feed | / \ the trolls | / \ \ | / _ \ \ ---------------------- / |\____\
\ || / | | | |\____/ || / \|_|_|/ | __|| / / \ |____| || / | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/ *-- _--\ _ \ // | / _ \\ _ // | /
* / \_ /- | - | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

.. or:

\|||/
(o o)
,----ooO--(_)-------.
| Please |
| don't feed the |
| TROLL's ! |
'--------------Ooo--'
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

.. or most simply:

+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+
| |
| |
.\|.||/..

tho i don't expect anyone to seriously take the bait, having just had that particuliarly long winded
helmet thread only a few months back. neat ascii graphics, tho.
--
david reuteler [email protected]

In article <[email protected]>,
Tom Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3451325.stm
>
>You can take the cowboy out of the country but you can't take the hat off of the cowboy.

First they came for the motorcyclists, but I didn't care because I didn't ride. Then they came for
the bicyclists, but I said nothing because I didn't pedal. Then they came for the cowboys, but I
kept quiet because I didn't ride a horse.

Who's next?

>Next: baby safety helmet for any time they're put in strollers.

Ok, who's next after that? Are there any helmet laws that effect more than 20% of any population? Or
is it just minorities who get told what to wear? Easier to get the laws passed when you select some
small group, and say, "look at these risk takers, they do something you don't! They raise your
insurance! Make them wear a funny hat so we can all see that they are different. Isn't it fun to
make other people live they way you want them to live?"

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:51:06 -0500, Q. wrote:

>> As is always the case at this time of the year, some ****** has to bring
> up
>> helmets in a way that shows helmet wankers as what they are - stupid ass blowhards:
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3451325.stm
>>
>> You can take the cowboy out of the country but you can't take the hat off
> of
>> the cowboy.
>>
>> Next: baby safety helmet for any time they're put in strollers.
>>
> Christopher Reeves fell from a horse and landed *helmet first* ... fat lotta good it did him.
>
> C.Q.C.

You wouldn't expect it to. I don't see any way a helmet can protect against neck injury.

--
This transmission is certified free of viruses as no Microsoft products were used in its preparation
or propagation.

In article <[email protected]>, "Q." <LostVideos-AT- hotmail.com> says...
> > As is always the case at this time of the year, some ****** has to bring
> up
> > helmets in a way that shows helmet wankers as what they are - stupid ass blowhards:
> >
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3451325.stm
> >
> > You can take the cowboy out of the country but you can't take the hat off
> of
> > the cowboy.
> >
> > Next: baby safety helmet for any time they're put in strollers.
> >
> Christopher Reeves fell from a horse and landed *helmet first* ... fat lotta good it did him.

He didn't get a head injury, did he? I guess the helmet did its job <G,D&RVVVVVVVVF>

David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Marty <[email protected]> wrote:
> : Us helmet wankers like to look after our heads all year 'round, unlike the non-helmet wankers
> : who just don't seem to care at all.
>
> & we're off ...
>
> hey, coincidentally look what i rediscovered a few weeks ago. i hadn't seen these in years.
>
> +-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
> | PLEASE DO NOT | :.:\:\:/:/:.:
> | FEED THE TROLLS | :=.' - - '.=:
> | | '=(\ 9 9 /)='
> | Thank you, | ( (_) )
> | Management | /`-vvv-'\
> +-------------------+ / \
> | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \ @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
> @x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__ \||/ | | | (______Y______)
> /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Awww c'mon Dave, you've only got to wave a helmet at Kunich and he starts barking. It's good fun!

Marty

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:45:04 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
wrote:
>As is always the case at this time of the year, some ****** has to bring up helmets in a way that
>shows helmet wankers as what they are - stupid ass blowhards:

As is always the case when some jerkoff wants a MHL, somebody trolls to start another usenet
helmet war.

>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3451325.stm

That is pretty dumb.

>You can take the cowboy out of the country but you can't take the hat off of the cowboy.

Don't confuse country cowboys with Australian bushmen a la Crocodile Dundee.

>Next: baby safety helmet for any time they're put in strollers.

Next: Usenet war about potential mandatory glove laws when somebody loses a hand in a machine and
OSHA mandates gloves for that industry...
--
Rick "You call that a troll? Now THAT'S a troll!" Dundee

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 03:40:34 -0500, "Q." <LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com>
wrote:
>Yeah well ... take that ... http://tinyurl.com/25mqd (way too big to post)

*sigh*...even with a fixed-width font, it just doesn't look as good as it would on an old 25 line
console-mode screen...
--
Rick Onanian

"Rick Onanian" <[email protected]>

> As is always the case when some jerkoff wants a MHL, somebody trolls to start another usenet
> helmet war.
>
> >http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3451325.stm
>
> That is pretty dumb.
>
> Next: Usenet war about potential mandatory glove laws when somebody loses a hand in a machine and
> OSHA mandates gloves for that industry...

In the park where I do volunteer MTB patrol, a woman died after her horse reared and she struck her
unhelmeted head on a rock. Most equestrians wear helmets these days.

I got my first (and only) factory job because the kid who ran the machine before me lost his
hand in it.

I take this **** seriously. Whatever.

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:39:18 GMT, "Peter Cole"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>"Rick Onanian" <[email protected]>
>> Next: Usenet war about potential mandatory glove laws when somebody loses a hand in a machine and
>> OSHA mandates gloves for that industry...
>
>In the park where I do volunteer MTB patrol, a woman died after her horse reared and she struck her
>unhelmeted head on a rock. Most equestrians wear helmets these days.
>
>I got my first (and only) factory job because the kid who ran the machine before me lost his
>hand in it.
>
>I take this **** seriously. Whatever.

It's great to take it seriously outside of the usenet context; but here, it makes absolutely no
difference whatsoever, and one can save lots of bandwidth by rapidly defusing it with humor [or a
reasonable facsimile] before it grows (although there's no guarantee that the fuse will not stay lit
anyway). Did you see last year's big helmet war? Probably a good two thousand messages among three
or four threads, and I doubt that there was a single person who was influenced in any way.
--
Rick Onanian

I'm sure my head will be influenced in some way if I wear a helmet.

wrote:

>As is always the case at this time of the year, some ****** has to bring up helmets in a way that
>shows helmet wankers as what they are - stupid ass blowhards:
>
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3451325.stm
>
>You can take the cowboy out of the country but you can't take the hat off of the cowboy.
>
>Next: baby safety helmet for any time they're put in strollers.

I think we should thank the Australians for being guinea pigs in studying the effects of
helmet compulsion. If they are willing to be of use to horse riders in other countries as
well, then why not?

"Trent Piepho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Ok, who's next after that? Are there any helmet laws that effect more
than
> 20% of any population? Or is it just minorities who get told what to
wear?
> Easier to get the laws passed when you select some small group, and say,
"look
> at these risk takers, they do something you don't! They raise your
insurance!
> Make them wear a funny hat so we can all see that they are different.
Isn't
> it fun to make other people live they way you want them to live?"

You've hit the nail directly on the head Trent. (better wear a safety helmet for that too)

If you don't fight it in every single instance you are going to be next.

"Peter Keller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:51:06 -0500, Q. wrote:
>
> > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> As is always the case at this time of the year, some ****** has to
bring
> > up
> >> helmets in a way that shows helmet wankers as what they are - stupid
ass
> >> blowhards:
> >>
> >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3451325.stm
> >>
> >> You can take the cowboy out of the country but you can't take the hat
off
> > of
> >> the cowboy.
> >>
> >> Next: baby safety helmet for any time they're put in strollers.
> >>
> > Christopher Reeves fell from a horse and landed *helmet first* ... fat
lotta
> > good it did him.
> >
> > C.Q.C.
>
> You wouldn't expect it to. I don't see any way a helmet can protect against neck injury.
>
> --
> This transmission is certified free of viruses as no Microsoft products were used in its
> preparation or propagation.

Of course you can't relive an old injury but some people believe that if he wasn't wearing the
helmet he would have sustained a fractured skull that would have given him a better chance of
complete recovery.

But "what if's" aren't worth a damn.

"Rick Onanian" <[email protected]> wrote

<snip>
>Did you see last year's big helmet war? Probably a good two thousand messages among three or four
>threads, and I doubt that there was a single person who was influenced in any way.

I was ... I decided that when I go visit my cousin in the Peoples Republic of Canadia this summer to
cover my (mandatory) magic foam hat with tin foil
(c:

c.A.A.