Helmets and DfT

Over the weekend I was on a course with a chap from the 'Department'.
Whilst braking for coffee and bix we got chatting about the relative
value of research and bike related bits and bobs, one of which was the
contentious issue of bike helmets.

Long story short he ditched his helmet into the nearest bin and cycled
off homeward at the end of the day without his encumbrance.

Another convert, and one who may hopefully spread the word amongst his
DfT colleagues :)

Sniper8052

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Over the weekend I was on a course with a chap from the 'Department'.
> Whilst braking for coffee and bix we got chatting about the relative
> value of research and bike related bits and bobs, one of which was the
> contentious issue of bike helmets.
>
> Long story short he ditched his helmet into the nearest bin and cycled
> off homeward at the end of the day without his encumbrance.
>
> Another convert, and one who may hopefully spread the word amongst his
> DfT colleagues :)
>
> Sniper8052

Sniper,

keep up the good work, and I'll buy you a pint!

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Over the weekend I was on a course with a chap from the 'Department'.
> Whilst braking for coffee and bix we got chatting about the relative
> value of research and bike related bits and bobs, one of which was the
> contentious issue of bike helmets.
>
> Long story short he ditched his helmet into the nearest bin and cycled
> off homeward at the end of the day without his encumbrance.
>
> Another convert, and one who may hopefully spread the word amongst his
> DfT colleagues :)
>
> Sniper8052

Why didn't he take it home with him and sell it on Ebay?

Barb

Barb wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Long story short he ditched his helmet into the nearest bin and cycled
>> off homeward at the end of the day without his encumbrance.

> Why didn't he take it home with him and sell it on Ebay?

If you want I can sell you my old one. I only used is for 3 years before
seeing the folly of my ways. The foam spacers may need replacing as they
have soaked up a bit of sweat during their use.

No? I'll chuck it in the bin then if it wasn't for the occasional use
coming down Spooky Wood.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"I've noticed that the press tends to be quite accurate, except
when they're writing on a subject I know something about."
(Keith F. Lynch)

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

> Another convert, and one who may hopefully spread the word amongst his
> DfT colleagues :)
>
> Sniper8052

Sniper: picking them off one at a time ;-)

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell