Helmets are compulsory?

Muskrat23 said:
Get past the 'does this helmet make my butt look big' and just do it. If you don't wear it for your own safety wear it for the people that care about you. Cheers.

Have been wearing my helmet wrong? I had been putting it on my head but maybe I should be wearing on my butt; but do you put your shorts over the helmet or strap on the outside?

Froze said:
Have been wearing my helmet wrong? I had been putting it on my head but maybe I should be wearing on my butt; but do you put your shorts over the helmet or strap on the outside?
I wear one one each cheek,to give me a nice full look,and as an added bonus if I take a fall the helemts will save my a$$...

Im also wayyyy into motorcycles and believe it or not the same helmet vs no helmet issue is still being debated . It seems the cruiser crowd(mostly Harley people) feel its their right not to ware a helmet and damn if they are going to let something like safety get in the way of their rights. Most states have laws requiring helmets but lots of the beanie (non dot) helmets are worn in protest. My son who is the typical 22 year old kid (squirley) crashed a Kawasaki ZX14 at 100mph on the freeway and other than some road rash completly walked away because of his Arai full face helmet. Bottom line ware a helmet always.... no matter what you ride

Your son was more then lucky, or more then just the helmet helped him to survive that. I'm glad he did for both of your sakes. I've know people who died in motorcycle accidents due to brain injury at 1/4th of the speed your son was going and they too were wearing helmets!

Having said that, I don't think helmets should be required by law for anyone over 21...BUT...I also don't think safety belts should be required for anyone over 21 either. I'm an adult and should be able to choose what safety precautions I want to take, I always wear a seat belt or a helmet because I want to, but if you don't fine.

I hate laws like this because they enforce seat belts but not helmets, either require seat belts AND helmets or don't require either. Why is one class of motor vehicles forced to comply with a safety law while another class is not? Just no common sense.