Helmets - mean time betweef failures

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Andrew Price, Jan 3, 2006.

  1. ProfTournesol

    ProfTournesol New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2003

    14 months of constant use and the rear cradle of my Limar 909 FELL APART!
    No replacement part available as apparently it breaches ADRs (say the Limar distributors). I'm hoping that they'll recover it under warranty even though technically it is out of warranty by 2 months otherwise I won't be replacing it with another Limar no matter how comfortable they are:-(

  2. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    ProfTournesol wrote:
    > Andrew Price Wrote:
    >> Big chunk of styrofoam fell out of the Limar helmet on the way home

    > 14 months of constant use and the rear cradle of my Limar 909 FELL
    > APART!
    > No replacement part available as apparently it breaches ADRs (say the
    > Limar distributors). I'm hoping that they'll recover it under warranty
    > even though technically it is out of warranty by 2 months otherwise I
    > won't be replacing it with another Limar no matter how comfortable
    > they are:-(

    There ya go. I'm very glad I bought that Bell V1 PRO twenty years ago. It's
    still in good shape.

    Funy thing happened on the weekend. I went for a ride and actually inspected
    the hat very carefully. It really is in excellent condition BUT, as I bought
    it a year or two before helmets became law, it isn't AS16xx compliant. I
    COULD HAVE DIED!!!!!

    Theo

  3. Peter Keller

    Peter Keller Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:30:28 +0800, Theo Bekkers wrote:

    > There ya go. I'm very glad I bought that Bell V1 PRO twenty years ago. It's
    > still in good shape.
    >
    > Funy thing happened on the weekend. I went for a ride and actually inspected
    > the hat very carefully. It really is in excellent condition BUT, as I bought
    > it a year or two before helmets became law, it isn't AS16xx compliant. I
    > COULD HAVE DIED!!!!!
    >
    > Theo

    But you didn't. (I think)
    However, wait 30000 to 250000 years, and the odds are that you probably
    will die, perhaps even from a bicycle-related activity! --

    Peter

    --
    No Microsoft involved. Certified virus free --

  4. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    Peter Keller wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:30:28 +0800, Theo Bekkers wrote:

    >> as I bought it a year or two before helmets became
    >> law, it isn't AS16xx compliant. I COULD HAVE DIED!!!!!

    > But you didn't. (I think)
    > However, wait 30000 to 250000 years, and the odds are that you
    > probably will die, perhaps even from a bicycle-related activity! --

    I think I will be dead within the next 50 years. Probably get run over in my
    wheelchair.

    Theo

  5. Peter Keller

    Peter Keller Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:30:32 +0800, Theo Bekkers wrote:

    > Peter Keller wrote:
    >> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:30:28 +0800, Theo Bekkers wrote:

    >>> as I bought it a year or two before helmets became
    >>> law, it isn't AS16xx compliant. I COULD HAVE DIED!!!!!

    >> But you didn't. (I think)
    >> However, wait 30000 to 250000 years, and the odds are that you
    >> probably will die, perhaps even from a bicycle-related activity! --

    > I think I will be dead within the next 50 years. Probably get run over in my
    > wheelchair.
    >
    > Theo

    Not if you wear your helmet!! Wheelchairs are VERY dangerous.

    Peter

    --
    No Microsoft involved. Certified virus free --

  6. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    Peter Keller wrote:

    > Is this an argument against piss, brains, chips, lamp-posts, society,
    > everybody, wheelchairs or for helmets in cars?

    All of the above. And it wasn't an argument, it was a rant. :)

    Theo

  7. The P

    The P Guest

    "Peter Keller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:30:32 +0800, Theo Bekkers wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Keller wrote:

    >>> But you didn't. (I think)
    >>> However, wait 30000 to 250000 years, and the odds are that you
    >>> probably will die, perhaps even from a bicycle-related activity! --

    <snip>
    I'll take a 250000 year ticket please.