Helmets Worn by Euskaltel-Euskadi inTdF

On Jul 21, 10:42 pm, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I think you mean Catlike
>
> http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=1353
>
> But if you google Catlike, helmet
>
> you also get links to recalls in the USA because of failure to meet CPSC
> standards.

but as long as they meet the European standard (forget the name right
now ... I think it is an EU standard) ... they are legal for USCF
events. Just like you can't buy the Bell Meteor (used by CSC) in the
US ... you can get them mail-order and you can use them in USCF races.

On 07/21/2007 08:42 PM, in article [email protected], "Carl
Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "HKEK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Who is the manufacturer, what is the model?
>>

> I think you mean Catlike
>
> http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=1353
>
> But if you google Catlike, helmet
>
> you also get links to recalls in the USA because of failure to meet CPSC
> standards.

http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=2109

USA Cycling Accepts European Helmet Standards

TO: USAC Officials

From: Shawn Farrell, Technical Director

USA Cycling has recently added the European helmet standard to its list of
approved standards for legal bicycle racing helmets. In 1986, USA Cycling
became the first cycling federation to make hard shell helmets required for
all bicycle races. At that time we acknowledged numerous government
agencies, such as SNELL, ANSI, and the US CPSC. In the last few years, the
UCI has made hard shell helmets mandatory for all races, and a new standard
has recently appeared on the market, the European Committee for
Standardization. Helmets approved by the European Committee will carry
stickers (ECS or CE EN1078) similarly to the stickers found in all
American-made helmets.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> "HKEK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Who is the manufacturer, what is the model?
>>

> I think you mean Catlike

Bad description. My cat doesn't have half that many holes in it.

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:29:46 -0700, HKEK <[email protected]> wrote:

>Who is the manufacturer, what is the model?

Either Catlike or Spiuk.
--
JT
****************************

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
>>
>> "HKEK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Who is the manufacturer, what is the model?
>>>

>> I think you mean Catlike

> Bad description. My cat doesn't have half that many holes in it.

Does your cat ever cough up Spiuk?

Bob Schwartz

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> Bad description. My cat doesn't have half that many holes in it.

It would if it was an unlucky Schroedinger cat.