Helmets

i almost always wear a helmet. i have to...i also have to wear pads and
stuff becasue the fisrt time i got a tiny scrape on ym knee my dad said,
"this is unacceptable behavior how you keep hurting yourself on your
unicycle." I bit my tounge and ahve been wearing a helmet ever since

jon

--
AllThingsUni - A Hog Noob

I will prepare and one day my time will come. - Abe Lincoln

You become brave by doing brave things - Aristotle
AllThingsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8306

Wearing a helmet is the coolest thing about unicycling. Thats why
everyone does it, it makes the ladies go crazy and people want to be
your friend!!!

Not reall, but It will save your life, and If I see you riding without
one, I will probably make fun of you for not wearing one...

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy) <--- Gallery
ѕαиτα τнατ’ѕ
му οиℓу ωιѕн
τнιѕ уεαя...

I weear a helmet most of the time, though I think it would probably be
more important to wear shin armor. I wear that whenever I'm gonna do
anything infolving more than me riding somewhere without hopping.

--
Fuego - Ride to Ruin, and a Red Dawn!

"Unicycling is more about the center of concentration than the center of
balance."

If you don't want us riding on your concrete, don't make it in such damn
interesting shapes!
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

I just got a new helmet, haven't worn it yet, but I plan on upping my
helmet wearing now.
I have only ever hit my head once while uniing, and I was wearing a
helmet luckily. Helmets are annoying, but even if you do wear them
everyday for a year and only need it once, that once is more then enough
to justify wearing a helmet.

--
munimanpete - a unicycle boy

*www.muniman.2ya.com* - -freshly updated-

*www.unicycle.2ya.com*
munimanpete's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6311

'REALLY GOOD HELMET STORE...'
(http://www.bellbikehelmets.com/main/index.html)

I personally like the yellow faction helmet...

--

jsm wrote:
> *Almost always, except for indoor barefoot freestyle. Generally, when
> I put on my shoes, I put on my helmet. *

Actually, for indoor freestyle, I sometimes don't put my helmet on
either. but recently I've figured out that putting my helmet on improves
my performance, as does putting on my 661's. I think it's a confidence
thing....

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

I always wear a helmet like what are poeple trying to proov by not
wearing one. the only thing i can see them proving is the fact that
there to bloody poor to afford one:D

--
brockfisher05 - trials unicyclist

check out my gallery at :
http://gallery.vanuni.com/thumbnails.php?album=6

check out my website at www.vanuni.com

Add me to your msn at [email protected]
brockfisher05's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363

Helmet absolutely saved my noggin. Without helmet, my head would be
mush.

Last week. Trying to mount my coker with assistance of buddy's
shoulder. (Not used to that method.)

I went down full force on right temple, helmet on concrete curb. Helmet
was crushed, cracked and compressed. I was dazed, but my head was
allright. Boy am I lucky that I had my helmet on.

Helmet was brand new, only 2 days old -- I am a believer and will
continue to wear my helmet.

--
trailguy - uni is great
trailguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8788

trailguy wrote:
> *Helmet absolutely saved my noggin. Without helmet, my head would be
> mush.
>
> Last week. Trying to mount my coker with assistance of buddy's
> shoulder. (Not used to that method.)
>
> I went down full force on right temple, helmet on concrete curb.
> Helmet was crushed, cracked and compressed. I was dazed, but my head
> was allright. Boy am I lucky that I had my helmet on.
>
> Helmet was brand new, only 2 days old -- I am a believer and will
> continue to wear my helmet. *

Woww, if you hadn't gone to the store 2 days prior to the incident,
you'd be DEAD!! I bet that's a weird feeling.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Lucky. That's the feeling for having my helmet on when I went down so
hard.

Though my head's ok, my shoulder's a different story and will be a few
more weeks healing.

Still, happy wearing my helmet -- and that I'll be riding uni again
soon.

--
trailguy - uni is great
trailguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8788

i've got a decent helmet story to tell you all.

well, i was riding some natural trials with Jeff down by lake ontario,
and i did a fairly large gap. Jeff was filming, and he asked me to do it
again. upon landing the gap, i didn't have enought foreward momentum,
and since the landing was on an uphill i slid off the back (the rocks
were covered in ice) and fell into a big pit that was about 6 feet deep.
On the way down, i hit my head off a rock that was behind me with
considereable force. The helmet was a skateboard style helmet, and had a
massive gash out of where it hit the rock. the foam was also compressed.
If i wasn't wearing a helmet, i'd be done.

Now as for the rest of you, i don't really care if you wear helmets or
not, and nothing i can say or do will change your minds. still, i though
you should hear my little story.

-Ryan

--
m_extreme_uni

"Yeah, Gravity is bad" Leo Kottke
m_extreme_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/809

if i'm inside, i don't wear one. i'm ot really doing anything where i'd
need it. 'm pretty good at falling when a mess up. If i'm offroad i
always wear one, too many surprises. If i'm just riding around outside,
like sidewalks etc, i usually don't but if i'm long distancing it, then
yes. basically if i'm going to do a hop/drop that's more than a curb
i'll put it on.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

one day i was one footing realy fast down a fairly steep hill and as i
was increasing speed, my wheel hit a reflector and this jolted my shoe
into the spokes. thus pulling my shoe off and giving me a total loss of
control, i fell backward and my helmet skidded on the ground and also
bumped against a curb thus completly flatening the back of my helmet and
shearing off the lid and leaving a black streak of foam on the ground.

even to date i still dont allways wear a hellmet but i know i should.

--
total uni - posting is good for the soul!

I post there for I am
total uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8125