Helmets

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Sam Salt, Apr 13, 2003.

  1. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    No not a 'Helmet War'.Am thinking of buying a new helmet,Giro Eclipse.Anyone any thoughts for or
    against or any alternatives.

    Sam Salt

    ---

  2. >Anyone any thoughts for or against or any alternatives.

    >Sam Salt

    Go for what fits comfortably!

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. James G

    James G Guest

    "Sam Salt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No not a 'Helmet War'.Am thinking of buying a new helmet,Giro
    Eclipse.Anyone
    > any thoughts for or against or any alternatives.
    >
    > Sam Salt

    I bought a Giro yesterday, the other brand on offer was an Italian one, can't remember exactly what
    they were called, sounded lke Metz or something. The guy doing the selling said there wasnt really
    any difference, other than the sizing. Giro have a scheme whereby if you mash up you helmet within
    the first 2 years you can send it back and get a 50% discount on a replacement. Other manufacturers
    might do this also though so might be worth asking.

  4. M Series

    M Series Guest

    I used to have a Giro air attack, one of the best back in 1990. It never saved my life. I now have a
    Met Parabellum, newer than the Giro and far more modern. It has never saved my life either but did
    save my face when I face planted on my last ever MTB ride. I chose against Giro on price grounds
    though the Met was pretty expensive too.

    "Sam Salt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No not a 'Helmet War'.Am thinking of buying a new helmet,Giro
    Eclipse.Anyone
    > any thoughts for or against or any alternatives.
    >
    > Sam Salt
    >

    > ---

  5. J-P.S

    J-P.S Guest

    On 13 Apr 2003 18:50:44 GMT, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter scrawled: )>Anyone any thoughts for or
    against or any alternatives. ) ) Go for what fits comfortably!

    And they suggest less aerodynamic fuss-arsing, don't they? They being the people who suggest this
    sort of thing. Rounder heads for rounder personalities.

    J-P
    --
    Hans on my course thought it was inconsistent of me to call my shoes "trainers" when I don't do any
    fitness training. But somehow it's OK to say "sneakers", when the last thing a loud American is ever

  6. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

    > Go for what fits comfortably!

    Indeed. And this will probably coincide with the one that moves about least on your head because it
    fits *best*. That's unlikely to hurt its ability to save you a headache in a prang, and is dependant
    upon which manufacturer's mould just happens to be closest to your head. You can only find out by
    trying them on (same goes for shoes).

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/