Helmets

Sam Salt

Guest
No not a 'Helmet War'.Am thinking of buying a new helmet,Giro Eclipse.Anyone any thoughts for or
against or any alternatives.

Sam Salt

---

>Anyone any thoughts for or against or any alternatives.
>
>Sam Salt

Go for what fits comfortably!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

"Sam Salt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> No not a 'Helmet War'.Am thinking of buying a new helmet,Giro
Eclipse.Anyone
> any thoughts for or against or any alternatives.
>
> Sam Salt

I bought a Giro yesterday, the other brand on offer was an Italian one, can't remember exactly what
they were called, sounded lke Metz or something. The guy doing the selling said there wasnt really
any difference, other than the sizing. Giro have a scheme whereby if you mash up you helmet within
the first 2 years you can send it back and get a 50% discount on a replacement. Other manufacturers
might do this also though so might be worth asking.

I used to have a Giro air attack, one of the best back in 1990. It never saved my life. I now have a
Met Parabellum, newer than the Giro and far more modern. It has never saved my life either but did
save my face when I face planted on my last ever MTB ride. I chose against Giro on price grounds
though the Met was pretty expensive too.

"Sam Salt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> No not a 'Helmet War'.Am thinking of buying a new helmet,Giro
Eclipse.Anyone
> any thoughts for or against or any alternatives.
>
> Sam Salt
>

> ---

On 13 Apr 2003 18:50:44 GMT, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter scrawled: )>Anyone any thoughts for or
against or any alternatives. ) ) Go for what fits comfortably!

And they suggest less aerodynamic fuss-arsing, don't they? They being the people who suggest this
sort of thing. Rounder heads for rounder personalities.

J-P
--
Hans on my course thought it was inconsistent of me to call my shoes "trainers" when I don't do any
fitness training. But somehow it's OK to say "sneakers", when the last thing a loud American is ever

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

> Go for what fits comfortably!

Indeed. And this will probably coincide with the one that moves about least on your head because it
fits *best*. That's unlikely to hurt its ability to save you a headache in a prang, and is dependant
upon which manufacturer's mould just happens to be closest to your head. You can only find out by
trying them on (same goes for shoes).

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/