Help - 8 spd setup

Goldy

Guest
I am currently building a commuter for next year with parts

I have left over from way back. My problem currently is with

the drivetrain. Mavic 8-spd front and rear der. I wish to use

a campy 8 spd ergo shifter. Does that make sense? Or should

I be using another setup? Can I get by with any 8spd cassette

on the rear? Any help would be appreciated.

Goldy-<< I am currently building a commuter for next year with parts

I have left over from way back. My problem currently is with

the drivetrain. Mavic 8-spd front and rear der. I wish to use

a campy 8 spd ergo shifter. Does that make sense? Or should

I be using another setup? Can I get by with any 8spd cassette

on the rear? Any help would be appreciated.

The 8s cogset is fine but the rear der is shimano compatible, not Campagnolo.
Get a Campagnolo rear der, any one, even 10s, with those 8s ERGO, it wil work
fine

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.