Help a girl out?

gradschoolgirl

Dec 10, 2009
I'm a new mom and grad school student that needs a little help from the community.

I have a school project where I need to survey shoppers about a certain type of product and haven't been able to get out "in the field" to do it.

I thought the cycling community might be able to help me out and answer just a couple of quick questions about water bottles.

Thanks so much.

1. Do you use a container that keeps drinks and food cold when taking them out of the house?

Yes __ No __

IF YES: What brand do you use?

Cool Gear __
Fit & Fresh __
Nalgene __
Rubbermaid __
Sigg __
Store Brand __
Thermos __
Tupperware __
Don’t Know __

IF YES: What features do you look for when buying one?
(Check all that apply.)

BPA Free __
Effectiveness __
Brand Name __
Portability __
Capacity __
Price __
Color __
Quality __
Design __
Weight __
Ease of Use __

IF NO: Why not? (Check all that apply.)

Cold food/drinks readily available __
Don’t transport drinks/food __
Product doesn’t work __
Hard to clean __
Inconvenient __
Leakage __
Unaware __
Other __

2. If you had a choice between brands listed above and they cost the same, which one would you buy?

Why?

BPA Free __
Effectiveness __
Brand Name __
Portability __
Capacity __
Price __
Color __
Quality __
Design __
Weight __
Ease of Use __

Comments (if any):

LOL! Research spam...LOL! I can understand spammers that are selling product, but research spammers?!

This is the anonomous internet afterall. So, with that being written:

1. How do I know you're a girl?
2. How do I know you're a grad student?
3. How do I know you're a new mom?
4. How do I know this for a school project?

Get my drift...Also, it doesn't go unnoticed your blatant attempt to appeal to a male dominated forum...I don't feel so chivalrous this morning...:D

BOOOOOOO TonyZ.

As for the research girl, did you have a fling with Tiger Woods?

If not, why not?

What would you be looking for if you had an affair with Tiger?

What is the prefered "mix" ratio of ambien and vicoden for mind altering nookie?

As for bottles - I use plain ol' big Specialized bottles. Even insulated stuff doesn't work too well when it goes about 100F here in sunny NorCal.

1. No.
2. Color - or lack thereof. I prefer clear bottles.

swampy1970 said:
As for bottles - I use plain ol' big Specialized bottles. Even insulated stuff doesn't work too well when it goes about 100F here in sunny NorCal.

1. No.
2. Color - or lack thereof. I prefer clear bottles.

No
Never asked.
Help with my putting.
3:1

Thanks for helping me out :)

I use plain old black water bottles made by Vessel Manufacturing. I bought them because they were the size that I wanted, black goes well with all of my bikes, they were affordable. Brand names and BPA Free were not and still are not a consideration for me.

Thread moved to the Cafe.

Tony - we are aware that not many people enjoy doing surveys, but she's not pushing a product so I'm giving her some leeway.

I look for BPA-free containers everywhere, not just with my water bottles. I don't have any insulating ones right now.

First and foremost, I look for openability and squeezability. I have to be able to open the bottle and squeeze fluid into my mouth with just one hand. Secondarily, I like bottles as souvenirs of my travels, like Mellow Johnny's from Austin and Bike Masters from Omaha. Third, I like free, from charity rides or shop promotions.

I enjoy answering surveys. They make me feel worthwhile, indeed they validate my existence.
But, and it is a bit but, I need to understand what it can do for me, more importantly, can I eat it.
Until I can verify that I can eat the outcome of any question I answer, I will stick to the Gobbling Roadkill survey.
Thanks.

I like the one I got from my local bike shop when I bought my mountain bike. What I like about it is that it was free. What I don't like about it is that I have no idea where it is right now. :mad:
So since that wasn't much help to you I will tell you about the one I actually am using. It was made by Nathan Human Propulsion Laboratories and was purchased from ****'s Sporting Goods. What I like about it is that it has a rubber tip (as opposed to plastic) so it doesn't leak. I'm not sure about the BPA thing, but the bottle has a 1 on the bottom and I am pretty sure that means something.
Sorry I didn't answer all of your questions, but I haven't used any of the brands you listed, so I can't comment on them.

My preference is the Elite bottle, 950 ml size. They Feel good in the hand, go in and out of the caged easily an the top wil "flip open" or screw off to take a big gulp or fil up. teh older thermoplast bottles would develop a "plastic taste" sometimes but the new "higene" models are great. I have no idea what type plastic they are made of.

I dont use a container that keeps drinks cold. I usually just put ice in before I go out.

I've used that type of bottle before...when I went to Israel..and it did not work at all.

I'd probably buy cool gear..it sounds like its meant specifically for keeping things cold. Also, I just want effective products...so that's all that matters.

I was wondering if you could help ME out now :)

I was wondering if you guys could help me promote my cycling t shirt design? I have only 5 days to get as many votes of "I'd buy this as a tee" and 5/5 ratings as I possible can!

My design is of a bike and it is completely made up of words regarding the environment, saving the planet, cycling, exercising and recycling. I spent more than 15 hours working on it and I think I have a shot at having it printed by the company and winning some money for my design!

If you have a moment, please check it out and tell your friends! Then make an account on threadless.com(which will only take about 30 seconds). Log in, visit my design and click on "I'd buy this as a tee" and give it a 5/5 rating.

The link to the design is:

Re-Cycle

I use the ones I get as "free" swag from paying my club dues. As for an insulated mug to use in the car, I'd prefer--but cannot find--an insulated mug with a non-coated stainless steel interior (not plastic lined) which is NOT made in China.

I don't use a bottle that keeps liquids cold. When it's hot here, I use a water bottle w/ water that was frozen the night before (Camelbak, if the brand matters.) If I were to use an insulated bottle, it'd likely be an insulated Camelbak bottle.

alienator said:
I don't use a bottle that keeps liquids cold. When it's hot here, I use a water bottle w/ water that was frozen the night before (Camelbak, if the brand matters.) If I were to use an insulated bottle, it'd likely be an insulated Camelbak bottle.
They keep my water cold until I make it up Lemmon in the summer. Seem to keep my ranger station water from becoming overly warm on my way back home as well.