Help a struggling cyclist be Strong

qeaou

Aug 13, 2012
Dear Avid Cyclists, First of all, don't treat this thread as a joke or anything like that, it was not easy to put it together and it is serious. A close [COLOR= rgb(65, 115, 148)]cyclist[/COLOR] friend (who I respectfully have to treat as anonymous in this forum) Has been diagnosed early this year with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, (I just learnt about this 2 months ago, and since supported him. He has always been an avid [COLOR= rgb(65, 115, 148)]cyclist[/COLOR] and a contender in races, Anyway, chemo did not show improvements so far, this type of cancer is spreading rapidly and at this point,
and we are very concerned. I started talking cycling with him and focused on the great and good things, We stayed away from topics such as his treatment, career and just focused on the "hopefulls", He was very enthusiastic since we started talking again, I know he undertook cycling again, despite lowe energy levels. I know there is not much we can do about his treatment, but I know there is something we can do about having him motivated and smiling. I have engaged myself and riders I know, as well as a few bike shops and some contacts on local teams to do one thing: shoot as many pictures with a sign "Rob Be Strong!" so that I can send those to him or compile something. I have engaged myself in going to all major scenic rides before the end of this year, and always shooting a photo with the sign. All in all, sorry for coming forward with this huge thing out of the blue, but I don't think we have much time, and I just want to do something good. If I could ask you guys to read this post and consider, perhaps joining in, I am sure this would make a World of difference. I have started slowly with two photos, which are **** so far (but it is hard to take a photo of yourself with a phone) (i have tried to engage social media, but it just simply does not work with people who do not love cycling, such as us)
However, great responses so far on http://www.facebook.com/RobBeStrong If you have any questions about this just send me an personal message. The only thing I would kindly ask, if you are up for it, is too shoot photos during your rides with the sign. attach them in this thread or on the facebook page. Again, if this thread is out of place, or not relevant, I am sure admins will remove it, but this is real, and it is a great cause, I hope you find it in your cycling spirit to support a fellow cyclist.