HELP - advice needed on Orbea Ordu fit

jcbarnett

Aug 3, 2006
I have an opportunity to buy a new Orbea Ordu from a local triathlete BUT my woes (and needed advice) stem from the fact that the frame size for this bike is 51CM and the Center of BB to Top of seatpost measures 59CM whereas my Trek 5900 measures 50CM and I have a 28" inseam. The Trek fits me nicely with 170mm cranks and the Ordu has 172.5mm cranks. The issue is that the seatpost on the Ordu extends almost 3.5" above the top tube and I just don't think I can adjust anything enough to make the bike fit me (unless the seatpost on the frame itself could be cut down about 2" and that's something I really wouldn't want to do). Should I just pass on this deal and get a 48CM Ordu or new Oro?? I really want to stay with 700C because I recently spent over $3K in new wheelsets (Zipp, Hed, and Bontrager). ANY and ALL advice would be tremendously appreciated. I have been on-line checking as many of the bicycle fit sites as I can and it appears the 51CM Ordu IS plain too large for me since the BB to top of seatpost dimension is so much greater than my 50CM Trek. Thanks guys and gals (I appologize if these are DUMB QUESTIONS, but I don't want to buy a bike, irregardless of how nice it is, unless I will be able to ride it comfortably).

Why don't you test ride the bike before purchasing it? I wouldn't worry about the crank lengths, I'd worry more about the top tube length and the seat tube lengths.

If it doesn't fit correctly, that's going to be one useless TT bike, so test ride it, and then make the decision.

badkarma said:
Why don't you test ride the bike before purchasing it? I wouldn't worry about the crank lengths, I'd worry more about the top tube length and the seat tube lengths.

If it doesn't fit correctly, that's going to be one useless TT bike, so test ride it, and then make the decision.
Top tube length is OK for me, BUT the seat tube length is 3.5" longer than my Trek 5900 AND I cannot try the bike without cutting one of the new carbon, Ordu specific seatposts down and installing it at bare seat height minumum (just enough left to allow the seat to be mounted flush with the top of the seat tube) and the current owner and I don't want to do that and end up ruining the seatpost for another potenial buyer. I think I'll have to PASS on this bike because it is just plain to large of a framesize for my small stature and inseam. BUMMER.

For me, I prefer TT bikes to be a little small if anything. I think you're better off passing on this, if it doesn't fit right (which it doesn't to), it's a colossal waste of money.