HELP!!! AKTO LOST in LAKES

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Jul 6, 2005.

  1. sickeningly, I've managed to lose my new hileberg Akto tent whilst
    returning from Sprinkling Tarn, via Langstrath and back to Seathwaite.

    I'm guessing it slipped from the straps on my rucksack at one of the
    following points:

    Descent of Angletarn Gill
    Tray Dub (scrambling along the side of the dub)
    Langstrath path beneath Cam Crag

    When I realised it had gone, I was back at my car at Seathwaite, having
    gone through Stonethwaite and sadly too tired, wet and p*ssed off to
    attempt a rescue mission!!!! (it would also have been getting dark)

    It's been reported as lost to Keswick police, so if anyone has come
    across it please hand it in - it's my new baby that I've saved up for
    and I definately can't afford to replace it (and no insurance!!!)

    thanks in advance

    rodders

    Tags:

  2. druidh

    druidh Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > sickeningly, I've managed to lose my new hileberg Akto tent whilst
    > returning from Sprinkling Tarn, via Langstrath and back to Seathwaite.
    >
    > I'm guessing it slipped from the straps on my rucksack at one of the
    > following points:
    >
    > Descent of Angletarn Gill
    > Tray Dub (scrambling along the side of the dub)
    > Langstrath path beneath Cam Crag
    >
    > When I realised it had gone, I was back at my car at Seathwaite, having
    > gone through Stonethwaite and sadly too tired, wet and p*ssed off to
    > attempt a rescue mission!!!! (it would also have been getting dark)
    >
    > It's been reported as lost to Keswick police, so if anyone has come
    > across it please hand it in - it's my new baby that I've saved up for
    > and I definately can't afford to replace it (and no insurance!!!)
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > rodders

    Any chance of a more detailed description of where you lost it?

    (thinks - a sneaky visit to the Lakes for a free tent)

    druidh

  3. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > It's been reported as lost to Keswick police, so if anyone has come
    > across it please hand it in - it's my new baby that I've saved up for
    > and I definately can't afford to replace it (and no insurance!!!)

    Hopefully it'll show up, but if not do check anu house contents
    insurance you have. It /might/ be covered, and if it is lost it
    could well be worth checking the small print just in case.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

  4. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On 6 Jul 2005 12:19:31 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

    >sickeningly, I've managed to lose my new hileberg Akto tent whilst
    >returning from Sprinkling Tarn, via Langstrath and back to Seathwaite.

    How horrible :-(

    Um... just where did you drop it again?? <fx: thinks - in 90 minutes I
    could be there...>

    Seriously, though, I do hope you get it back.

    (Well, if I can't have it, that is...)

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~

  5. <> It's been reported as lost to Keswick police, so if anyone has come
    > across it please hand it in - it's my new baby that I've saved up for
    > and I definately can't afford to replace it (and no insurance!!!)
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > rodders

    If you paid by credit card you have a90ish days insurance, which should
    cover you even for loss...

    Shaun

  6. Paul Rooney

    Paul Rooney Guest

    On 6 Jul 2005 12:19:31 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

    >sickeningly, I've managed to lose my new hileberg Akto tent whilst
    >returning from Sprinkling Tarn, via Langstrath and back to Seathwaite.
    >
    >I'm guessing it slipped from the straps on my rucksack at one of the
    >following points:
    >
    >Descent of Angletarn Gill
    >Tray Dub (scrambling along the side of the dub)
    >Langstrath path beneath Cam Crag
    >
    >When I realised it had gone, I was back at my car at Seathwaite, having
    >gone through Stonethwaite and sadly too tired, wet and p*ssed off to
    >attempt a rescue mission!!!! (it would also have been getting dark)
    >
    >It's been reported as lost to Keswick police, so if anyone has come
    >across it please hand it in - it's my new baby that I've saved up for
    >and I definately can't afford to replace it (and no insurance!!!)
    >
    >thanks in advance
    >
    >rodders

    What a bummer!
    Sadly, I expect you've seen the last of it - but you never know!

    "I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

  7. Tim Jackson

    Tim Jackson Guest

    Shaun Woodward wrote on Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:48:01 +0100....
    > If you paid by credit card you have a90ish days insurance, which should
    > cover you even for loss...

    Possibly, but I think it depends which credit card.

    --
    Tim Jackson
    [email protected]lid

  8. Andy Howell

    Andy Howell Guest

    On 6/7/05 21:51, in article [email protected]4ax.com,
    "Paul Rooney" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What a bummer!
    > Sadly, I expect you've seen the last of it - but you never know!

    This is why I'm a great believer in having everything inside of my pack.
    This, of course, came after loosing something but - thank heavens - never a
    tent.

    --
    Andy Howell
    Birmingham, UK

    To mail simply put back the dots ...

  9. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:47:44 GMT, Andy Howell
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 6/7/05 21:51, in article [email protected],
    >"Paul Rooney" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> What a bummer!
    >> Sadly, I expect you've seen the last of it - but you never know!

    >This is why I'm a great believer in having everything inside of my pack.
    >This, of course, came after loosing something but - thank heavens - never a
    >tent.

    What did you lose?

    Best wishes,
    --