HELP!!! AKTO LOST in LAKES

sickeningly, I've managed to lose my new hileberg Akto tent whilst
returning from Sprinkling Tarn, via Langstrath and back to Seathwaite.

I'm guessing it slipped from the straps on my rucksack at one of the
following points:

Descent of Angletarn Gill
Tray Dub (scrambling along the side of the dub)
Langstrath path beneath Cam Crag

When I realised it had gone, I was back at my car at Seathwaite, having
gone through Stonethwaite and sadly too tired, wet and p*ssed off to
attempt a rescue mission!!!! (it would also have been getting dark)

It's been reported as lost to Keswick police, so if anyone has come
across it please hand it in - it's my new baby that I've saved up for
and I definately can't afford to replace it (and no insurance!!!)

thanks in advance

rodders

[email protected] wrote:
> sickeningly, I've managed to lose my new hileberg Akto tent whilst
> returning from Sprinkling Tarn, via Langstrath and back to Seathwaite.
>
> I'm guessing it slipped from the straps on my rucksack at one of the
> following points:
>
> Descent of Angletarn Gill
> Tray Dub (scrambling along the side of the dub)
> Langstrath path beneath Cam Crag
>
> When I realised it had gone, I was back at my car at Seathwaite, having
> gone through Stonethwaite and sadly too tired, wet and p*ssed off to
> attempt a rescue mission!!!! (it would also have been getting dark)
>
> It's been reported as lost to Keswick police, so if anyone has come
> across it please hand it in - it's my new baby that I've saved up for
> and I definately can't afford to replace it (and no insurance!!!)
>
> thanks in advance
>
> rodders

Any chance of a more detailed description of where you lost it?

(thinks - a sneaky visit to the Lakes for a free tent)

druidh

[email protected] wrote:

> It's been reported as lost to Keswick police, so if anyone has come
> across it please hand it in - it's my new baby that I've saved up for
> and I definately can't afford to replace it (and no insurance!!!)

Hopefully it'll show up, but if not do check anu house contents
insurance you have. It /might/ be covered, and if it is lost it
could well be worth checking the small print just in case.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On 6 Jul 2005 12:19:31 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>sickeningly, I've managed to lose my new hileberg Akto tent whilst
>returning from Sprinkling Tarn, via Langstrath and back to Seathwaite.

How horrible :-(

Um... just where did you drop it again?? <fx: thinks - in 90 minutes I
could be there...>

Seriously, though, I do hope you get it back.

(Well, if I can't have it, that is...)

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

<> It's been reported as lost to Keswick police, so if anyone has come
> across it please hand it in - it's my new baby that I've saved up for
> and I definately can't afford to replace it (and no insurance!!!)
>
> thanks in advance
>
> rodders

If you paid by credit card you have a90ish days insurance, which should
cover you even for loss...

Shaun

On 6 Jul 2005 12:19:31 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>sickeningly, I've managed to lose my new hileberg Akto tent whilst
>returning from Sprinkling Tarn, via Langstrath and back to Seathwaite.
>
>I'm guessing it slipped from the straps on my rucksack at one of the
>following points:
>
>Descent of Angletarn Gill
>Tray Dub (scrambling along the side of the dub)
>Langstrath path beneath Cam Crag
>
>When I realised it had gone, I was back at my car at Seathwaite, having
>gone through Stonethwaite and sadly too tired, wet and p*ssed off to
>attempt a rescue mission!!!! (it would also have been getting dark)
>
>It's been reported as lost to Keswick police, so if anyone has come
>across it please hand it in - it's my new baby that I've saved up for
>and I definately can't afford to replace it (and no insurance!!!)
>
>thanks in advance
>
>rodders

What a bummer!
Sadly, I expect you've seen the last of it - but you never know!

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

Shaun Woodward wrote on Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:48:01 +0100....
> If you paid by credit card you have a90ish days insurance, which should
> cover you even for loss...

Possibly, but I think it depends which credit card.

--
Tim Jackson
[email protected]lid

On 6/7/05 21:51, in article [email protected],
"Paul Rooney" <[email protected]> wrote:

> What a bummer!
> Sadly, I expect you've seen the last of it - but you never know!

This is why I'm a great believer in having everything inside of my pack.
This, of course, came after loosing something but - thank heavens - never a
tent.

--
Andy Howell
Birmingham, UK

To mail simply put back the dots ...

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:47:44 GMT, Andy Howell
<andy.howellNOSPAM@ecotrendDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:

>On 6/7/05 21:51, in article [email protected],
>"Paul Rooney" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> What a bummer!
>> Sadly, I expect you've seen the last of it - but you never know!

>This is why I'm a great believer in having everything inside of my pack.
>This, of course, came after loosing something but - thank heavens - never a
>tent.

What did you lose?

Best wishes,
--