Help anyone know the recipe for Souvia?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Cherrycup, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Cherrycup

    Cherrycup Guest

    Help needed, my mum is desperate for the recipe of Souvia, a greek dish, = tried search engines and
    no joy, well its all foreign what comes up,=20

    TIA

    Jan

    Tags:

  2. Katra

    Katra Guest

  3. Here's a description of it, will keep looking for the recipe... "The cuisine is best enjoyed at the
    invitation of a local to go to his house - don't turn down an invite. Souvia is very popular - a
    lump of chicken or lamb cooked slowly on an outside charcoal fire for 90 minutes, with the chance to
    try out the local wine. Try red Othello, or white Alina. Greek salad is well known, of course, and
    the sheftalia sausages are always to be found in kebab restaurants." plugged souvia into google and
    this was in the first five or six hits....LG

    "cherrycup" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de... Help needed, my mum is desperate for the recipe of Souvia, a greek dish, tried search
    engines and no joy, well its all foreign what comes up,

    TIA

    Jan

  4. Cherrycup

    Cherrycup Guest

    dont think so, what it is mum (75) has taken up a college course on = computers, which is a good
    thing as she is always phoning me up with = problems, but one question she has to answer is what is
    the recipe for = this dish, She has had it but cant remember, and what she describes it = sounds
    like something i would like to try, I have spent an hour or more = looking and nothing comes up
    apart from chicken bbq, I just dont want = her to give up the lessons, lol im searching for a decent
    recipe for = chicken ala king and still cant find that for myself, we used to have = hotel and the
    sauce was packaged, and lovely, its getting the right = herbs to get it right, as we cant buy the
    powder any more! back to the = search engines here

    Jan

    "Katra" <[email protected]> wrote in message = news:KatraMungBean-
    [email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, "cherrycup"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >=20
    > > Help needed, my mum is desperate for the recipe of Souvia, a greek =
    dish,=20
    > > tried search engines and no joy, well its all foreign what comes up, =

    > >=20
    > > TIA
    > >=20
    > > Jan
    >=20
    > Tch. Is there another name for it perchance???
    >=20
    > K.
    >=20
    > --=20 Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...
    >=20
    > >,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<
    > =
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=3D0&u= serid=3Dkatra

  5. Nancree

    Nancree Guest

    >Subject: Re: Help anyone know the recipe for Souvia?
    >From: Katra
    I think you may mean Souvlaki. Go to Google and enter "Greek Food" and you will get lots of recipes
    and photos.