help ! Ayuda! with a blackburn mag trainer

frozenlatino

Oct 16, 2005
Just picked up a blackburn trakstand mag trainer...no instructions!!
set it up have my bike setup on the stand... but how much preasure i put on the adjustment at the bottom wheel that touches the back tire?
i cranked it 4 complete turns at first... neverr rode one before seems to leave alot of rubber tire on the spining gear!!
i'm using a mtb so i put a Tom Slick 26" 1.0 tire in the rear... maybe i should use a harder tire more of a touring tire for training?
any advise or send me to tread with info with instructions for a beginer would be great

frozenlatino said:
Just picked up a blackburn trakstand mag trainer...no instructions!!
set it up have my bike setup on the stand... but how much preasure i put on the adjustment at the bottom wheel that touches the back tire?
i cranked it 4 complete turns at first... neverr rode one before seems to leave alot of rubber tire on the spining gear!!
i'm using a mtb so i put a Tom Slick 26" 1.0 tire in the rear... maybe i should use a harder tire more of a touring tire for training?
any advise or send me to tread with info with instructions for a beginer would be great

mount the bike on the trainer. Spin the back wheel so that is continues to spin freely.......now start turning the knob until the barrel touches the rear tire. The tire should instantly stop or drastically slow down. Now from this point you should turn the knob two complete turns. The pessure should now be perfect. Spin the rear wheel again....the tire and barrel should spin together. Grab the tire and roll it quickly back and forth and make sure there is no slippage. If there is any slippage then do another quarter turn. Most people have a tendency to over tighten.

thanks for the info on the adjustments!

so should be ok to use the cheper tires for the trainer instead of using the expensive tires?