Help: Burley seat shift?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ben, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. Ben

    Ben New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Okay gang,

    I've heard about this before but need your assistance. The seat pad on my Burley Canto shifts downward after a period of time. The back remains stable (especially with the speed struts), but the part my butt sits on won't stay adjusted over time.

    The Burley guys say that I should check to be sure there's a star washer on both sides of the seat.

    Any tricks or fixes from you experienced Burley riders?

    Ben

    Tags:

  2. Gene Cosloy

    Gene Cosloy Guest

    Ben <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Okay gang,
    >
    > I've heard about this before but need your assistance. The seat pad on my Burley Canto shifts
    > downward after a period of time. The back remains stable (especially with the speed struts), but
    > the part my butt sits on won't stay adjusted over time.
    >
    > The Burley guys say that I should check to be sure there's a star washer on both sides of
    > the seat.
    >
    > Any tricks or fixes from you experienced Burley riders?
    >
    > Ben

    Hi Ben, I suffered from this problem for days before I realized I had the fixing bolt and the pivot
    pin reversed. Make sure the bolt and nut is facing forward and the pivot pin rearwards. Also use
    star washers to help keep the setting. You need to use a lot of torque to keep this from slipping. I
    finally replaced these parts with Bike E parts which uses a longer bolt threaded into the inside
    plate. You can then place a nut over that which really locks everything up tight. Try Atlantic cycle
    in FL which stocks BikeE parts.

    Gene (Taiko, BikeE NX)