Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Help buying a new bike

Started by TKOS · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,029 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
7 October 2004
Last activity
7 October 2004
Original author
TKOS
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,029
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was looking at getting a TREK 1200 (2005 model). I have a good deal on one. I also have a good deal (I just found out) on a Lemond Reno (2005) and Etape (2005). I don't knopw what is on the 2005 versions of the last 2 bikes. Can anyone help?

  2. I have a Trek 1000 and like it. This is the only advice I can offer. BE SURE TO GET THE RIGHT SIZED FRAME..........IF IN DOUBT, GO A TINY BIT BIGGER.

  3. Yes, I do know that. Thanks.

    I have ridden an older Trek 1200 and I know the 58 is the size for me. And I liek the geometery of the standard frame. I have since noticed that the Lemond comes in a compact frame.

    The one major thing I liked about the Lemond was the 2 chainring instead of 3. While I am not a racer really, I wouldn't mind entering a few road races next year to see how much I progressed.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.