Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Help buying chain and cassette

Started by andrewj · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,147 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
28 September 2007
Last activity
1 October 2007
Original author
andrewj
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,147
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Could anyone help me, I have a 10 speed Campagnolo Veloce groupset and need a new chain and cassette. I am fairly confident about what will fit on my bike but have just a few niggling concerns. In reference to chains I have seen the terms NARROW and ULTRA NARROW, are they the same? Will either fit on my existing group set? Am I likely to encounter any problems with a new cassette and chain on my 2006 Veloce. Even though it is 2006 I'm pretty sure it is left over from 2005. I have Campagnolo Vento G3 wheels. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  2. andrewj said:

    Could anyone help me, I have a 10 speed Campagnolo Veloce groupset and need a new chain and cassette. I am fairly confident about what will fit on my bike but have just a few niggling concerns. In reference to chains I have seen the terms NARROW and ULTRA NARROW, are they the same? Will either fit on my existing group set? Am I likely to encounter any problems with a new cassette and chain on my 2006 Veloce. Even though it is 2006 I'm pretty sure it is left over from 2005. I have Campagnolo Vento G3 wheels. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.


    The ultra-narrow chain is a more recent development. It is supposed to provide improved shifting performance (which I can't really vouch for - it is smooth though). Cassette spacing has not changed at all. Either the narrow or ultra-narrow will suit 10 speed Campagnolo. Just don't get a 9 speed chain.

  3. tafi said:

    The ultra-narrow chain is a more recent development. It is supposed to provide improved shifting performance (which I can't really vouch for - it is smooth though). Cassette spacing has not changed at all. Either the narrow or ultra-narrow will suit 10 speed Campagnolo. Just don't get a 9 speed chain.

    Thanks for the info, I suppose all I want to know now is will an ultra-narrow chain suit chainrings and deraillers that are a couple of years old?

  4. andrewj said:

    Thanks for the info, I suppose all I want to know now is will an ultra-narrow chain suit chainrings and deraillers that are a couple of years old?

    Yes.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.