Help calculating daily points

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by General Protect, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
    determine your daily point allotment.

    If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.

    Thank you!

    --
    FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
    1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

    Tags:

  2. Carol In Nc

    Carol In Nc Guest

    Points are calculate using the following formula:

    Calories + (fat grams x 4) - (fiber grams x 10...but with a cap of 4 grams per serve) all
    divided by 50.

    Carol

    318/239.4/169
    78.6 lost since December 2002
    I am a slim person in process.
    "General Protection Fault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and
    > I was wondering how to determine your daily point allotment.
    >
    > If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > --
    > FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
    > 1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

  3. Spoons

    Spoons Guest

    Here are the Daily Flex points according to weight.

    FLEX POINT RANGE:

    Less than 150 pounds------20 points 150-174 pounds-------------22 points 175-199 pounds-------------
    24 points 200-224 pounds-------------26 points 225-249 pounds-------------28 points 250-274 pounds-------------
    30 points 275-299 pounds-------------31 points 300-324 pounds-------------32 points 325-349 pounds-------------
    33 points More than 350 pounds-----34 points

    Then you add your 35 flex points on top of that. However, once the week is over, so are your points.
    You cannot carry them forward, and you start fresh with a new 35 points every week.

    Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.

    Take care SPOONS ................

    "General Protection Fault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
    > determine your daily point allotment.
    >
    > If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > --
    > FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
    > 1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

  4. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Once upon a time, someone here tracked down the technical formulas on a patent website. I don't know
    if these are the same formulas, are what I have written down.

    Food points:

    P=(c/50) + (tf/12) - (f/5) where:

    P=points c=calories tf=total fat f=fiber (maximum allowable fiber = 4 grams)

    Remember when making your program that you can not allow more than 4g of fiber to be used in the
    calculations.

    The formula for activity points is:

    P=(w/50) * (e/85) * m where:

    P=points w=weight in pounds e=exercise level 1=light exercise
    1.5=moderate, ie: just breaking a sweat
    2.5=heavy, ie: heavy sweating and difficulty carrying a conversation m=minutes spent exercizing

    Hope this is what you are looking for.

    Joyce

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:19:05 GMT, General Protection Fault <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
    >determine your daily point allotment.
    >
    >If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
    >
    >Thank you!

  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Be forwarned that while most everybody on this site would like whatever software you can create, WW
    is very possessive of this stuff and does not like competition although they do not sell any
    computer programs that do this stuff. You either buy their calculator or use their online tools.

    Again, this group will help you test and develop it and like it.

  6. On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:56:32 GMT, SPOONS wrote:
    > Here are the Daily Flex points according to weight.
    >
    > FLEX POINT RANGE:
    >
    > Less than 150 pounds------20 points 150-174 pounds-------------22 points 175-199 pounds-------------
    > 24 points 200-224 pounds-------------26 points 225-249 pounds-------------28 points 250-274 pounds-------------
    > 30 points 275-299 pounds-------------31 points 300-324 pounds-------------32 points 325-349 pounds-------------
    > 33 points More than 350 pounds-----34 points
    >
    > Then you add your 35 flex points on top of that. However, once the week is over, so are your
    > points. You cannot carry them forward, and you start fresh with a new 35 points every week.
    >

    > Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.

    Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.

    --
    FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
    2:00PM up 45 days, 16:11, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

  7. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    LOL! Seeing another post - I realized this wasn't at all what you were looking for. Guess I should
    clean off the ol' reading glasses. <g>

    Joyce

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:49:15 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Once upon a time, someone here tracked down the technical formulas on a patent website. I don't
    >know if these are the same formulas, are what I have written down.
    >
    >Food points:
    >
    >P=(c/50) + (tf/12) - (f/5) where:
    >
    >P=points c=calories tf=total fat f=fiber (maximum allowable fiber = 4 grams)
    >
    >Remember when making your program that you can not allow more than 4g of fiber to be used in the
    >calculations.
    >
    >The formula for activity points is:
    >
    >P=(w/50) * (e/85) * m where:
    >
    >P=points w=weight in pounds e=exercise level 1=light exercise
    > 1.5=moderate, ie: just breaking a sweat
    > 3.5=heavy, ie: heavy sweating and difficulty carrying a conversation m=minutes spent
    > exercizing
    >
    >Hope this is what you are looking for.
    >
    >Joyce
    >
    >On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:19:05 GMT, General Protection Fault <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
    >>determine your daily point allotment.
    >>
    >>If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
    >>
    >>Thank you!

  8. Rick Larsen

    Rick Larsen Guest

    Is this the same as the "old" points allowance - before the flexipoints were introduced? I haven't
    been to a meeting for ages and thought the daily points allowance was lower. thanks Rick

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:56:32 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Here are the Daily Flex points according to weight.
    >
    >FLEX POINT RANGE:
    >
    >Less than 150 pounds------20 points 150-174 pounds-------------22 points 175-199 pounds-------------
    >24 points 200-224 pounds-------------26 points 225-249 pounds-------------28 points 250-274 pounds-------------
    >30 points 275-299 pounds-------------31 points 300-324 pounds-------------32 points 325-349 pounds-------------
    >33 points More than 350 pounds-----34 points
    >
    >Then you add your 35 flex points on top of that. However, once the week is over, so are your
    >points. You cannot carry them forward, and you start fresh with a new 35 points every week.
    >

    >Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.
    >
    >Take care SPOONS ................
    >
    >"General Protection Fault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
    >> determine your daily point allotment.
    >>
    >> If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
    >>
    >> Thank you!
    >>
    >> --
    >> FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
    >> 1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

  9. Limeyno1

    Limeyno1 Guest

    When I started WW in Oct at 210, I started online at 24 points.

    "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Here are the Daily Flex points according to weight.
    >
    > FLEX POINT RANGE:
    >
    > Less than 150 pounds------20 points 150-174 pounds-------------22 points 175-199 pounds-------------
    > 24 points 200-224 pounds-------------26 points 225-249 pounds-------------28 points 250-274 pounds-------------
    > 30 points 275-299 pounds-------------31 points 300-324 pounds-------------32 points 325-349 pounds-------------
    > 33 points More than 350 pounds-----34 points
    >
    > Then you add your 35 flex points on top of that. However, once the week
    is
    > over, so are your points. You cannot carry them forward, and you start fresh with a new 35 points
    > every week.
    >

    > Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.
    >
    > Take care SPOONS ................
    >
    > "General Protection Fault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points
    and
    > > I was wondering how to determine your daily point allotment.
    > >
    > > If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
    > >
    > > Thank you!
    > >
    > > --
    > > FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
    > > 1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

  10. Petal

    Petal Guest

    Also, it might be worthwhile to mention that this calculator (using the formulas given in this
    thread) would only be applicable to North American WW programmes.

    Cheers, Petal

  11. On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:57:12 -0600, Joyce wrote:
    > LOL! Seeing another post - I realized this wasn't at all what you were looking for. Guess I should
    > clean off the ol' reading glasses. <g>
    >
    > Joyce

    That's quite all right; I can use that too.

    --
    FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
    3:40PM up 45 days, 17:51, 1 user, load averages: 0.01, 0.01, 0.00

  12. Here are the daily point ranges for the Winning Points plan, which preceded the Flex Points plan.
    Winning Points didn't include an option for the additional 35 weekly points introduced with the Flex
    Points plan. You had to bank (or reverse bank) points in excess of your daily target. The daily
    target points in the Flex plan is 2 pts over the minimum points on the Winning plan.

    Under 150 lbs-------18-23 points 150-174 lbs---------20-25 points 175-199 lbs---------22-27 points
    200-224 lbs---------24-29 points 225-249 lbs---------26-31 points 250-274 lbs---------28-33 points
    275-299 lbs---------29-34 points 300-324 lbs---------30-35 points 325-349 lbs---------31-36 points
    350+ lbs------------32-37 points

    Hope this helps. If you need info about plans prior to Winning Points, someone else will have to
    step forward.

    Prairie Roots

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 07:01:15 +0800, Rick Larsen <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Is this the same as the "old" points allowance - before the flexipoints were introduced? I haven't
    >been to a meeting for ages and thought the daily points allowance was lower. thanks Rick
    >
    >On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:56:32 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Here are the Daily Flex points according to weight.
    >>
    >>FLEX POINT RANGE:
    >>
    >>Less than 150 pounds------20 points 150-174 pounds-------------22 points 175-199 pounds-------------
    >>24 points 200-224 pounds-------------26 points 225-249 pounds-------------28 points 250-274 pounds-------------
    >>30 points 275-299 pounds-------------31 points 300-324 pounds-------------32 points 325-349 pounds-------------
    >>33 points More than 350 pounds-----34 points
    >>
    >>Then you add your 35 flex points on top of that. However, once the week is over, so are your
    >>points. You cannot carry them forward, and you start fresh with a new 35 points every week.
    >>

    >>Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.
    >>
    >>Take care SPOONS ................
    >>
    >>"General Protection Fault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>> Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
    >>> determine your daily point allotment.
    >>>
    >>> If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you!
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
    >>> 1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

  13. Rick Larsen

    Rick Larsen Guest

    thanks - much appreciated