Help calculating daily points

General Protect

Guest
Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
determine your daily point allotment.

If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.

Thank you!

--
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

Points are calculate using the following formula:

Calories + (fat grams x 4) - (fiber grams x 10...but with a cap of 4 grams per serve) all
divided by 50.

Carol

318/239.4/169
78.6 lost since December 2002
I am a slim person in process.
"General Protection Fault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and
> I was wondering how to determine your daily point allotment.
>
> If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
> 1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

Here are the Daily Flex points according to weight.

FLEX POINT RANGE:

Less than 150 pounds------20 points 150-174 pounds-------------22 points 175-199 pounds-------------
24 points 200-224 pounds-------------26 points 225-249 pounds-------------28 points 250-274 pounds-------------
30 points 275-299 pounds-------------31 points 300-324 pounds-------------32 points 325-349 pounds-------------
33 points More than 350 pounds-----34 points

Then you add your 35 flex points on top of that. However, once the week is over, so are your points.
You cannot carry them forward, and you start fresh with a new 35 points every week.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.

Take care SPOONS ................

"General Protection Fault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
> determine your daily point allotment.
>
> If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
> 1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

Once upon a time, someone here tracked down the technical formulas on a patent website. I don't know
if these are the same formulas, are what I have written down.

Food points:

P=(c/50) + (tf/12) - (f/5) where:

P=points c=calories tf=total fat f=fiber (maximum allowable fiber = 4 grams)

Remember when making your program that you can not allow more than 4g of fiber to be used in the
calculations.

The formula for activity points is:

P=(w/50) * (e/85) * m where:

P=points w=weight in pounds e=exercise level 1=light exercise
1.5=moderate, ie: just breaking a sweat
2.5=heavy, ie: heavy sweating and difficulty carrying a conversation m=minutes spent exercizing

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Joyce

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:19:05 GMT, General Protection Fault <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
>determine your daily point allotment.
>
>If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
>
>Thank you!

Be forwarned that while most everybody on this site would like whatever software you can create, WW
is very possessive of this stuff and does not like competition although they do not sell any
computer programs that do this stuff. You either buy their calculator or use their online tools.

Again, this group will help you test and develop it and like it.

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:56:32 GMT, SPOONS wrote:
> Here are the Daily Flex points according to weight.
>
> FLEX POINT RANGE:
>
> Less than 150 pounds------20 points 150-174 pounds-------------22 points 175-199 pounds-------------
> 24 points 200-224 pounds-------------26 points 225-249 pounds-------------28 points 250-274 pounds-------------
> 30 points 275-299 pounds-------------31 points 300-324 pounds-------------32 points 325-349 pounds-------------
> 33 points More than 350 pounds-----34 points
>
> Then you add your 35 flex points on top of that. However, once the week is over, so are your
> points. You cannot carry them forward, and you start fresh with a new 35 points every week.
>

> Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.

--
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
2:00PM up 45 days, 16:11, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

LOL! Seeing another post - I realized this wasn't at all what you were looking for. Guess I should
clean off the ol' reading glasses. <g>

Joyce

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:49:15 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>Once upon a time, someone here tracked down the technical formulas on a patent website. I don't
>know if these are the same formulas, are what I have written down.
>
>Food points:
>
>P=(c/50) + (tf/12) - (f/5) where:
>
>P=points c=calories tf=total fat f=fiber (maximum allowable fiber = 4 grams)
>
>Remember when making your program that you can not allow more than 4g of fiber to be used in the
>calculations.
>
>The formula for activity points is:
>
>P=(w/50) * (e/85) * m where:
>
>P=points w=weight in pounds e=exercise level 1=light exercise
> 1.5=moderate, ie: just breaking a sweat
> 3.5=heavy, ie: heavy sweating and difficulty carrying a conversation m=minutes spent
> exercizing
>
>Hope this is what you are looking for.
>
>Joyce
>
>On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:19:05 GMT, General Protection Fault <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
>>determine your daily point allotment.
>>
>>If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
>>
>>Thank you!

Is this the same as the "old" points allowance - before the flexipoints were introduced? I haven't
been to a meeting for ages and thought the daily points allowance was lower. thanks Rick

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:56:32 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Here are the Daily Flex points according to weight.
>
>FLEX POINT RANGE:
>
>Less than 150 pounds------20 points 150-174 pounds-------------22 points 175-199 pounds-------------
>24 points 200-224 pounds-------------26 points 225-249 pounds-------------28 points 250-274 pounds-------------
>30 points 275-299 pounds-------------31 points 300-324 pounds-------------32 points 325-349 pounds-------------
>33 points More than 350 pounds-----34 points
>
>Then you add your 35 flex points on top of that. However, once the week is over, so are your
>points. You cannot carry them forward, and you start fresh with a new 35 points every week.
>

>Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.
>
>Take care SPOONS ................
>
>"General Protection Fault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
>> determine your daily point allotment.
>>
>> If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> --
>> FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
>> 1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

When I started WW in Oct at 210, I started online at 24 points.

"SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Here are the Daily Flex points according to weight.
>
> FLEX POINT RANGE:
>
> Less than 150 pounds------20 points 150-174 pounds-------------22 points 175-199 pounds-------------
> 24 points 200-224 pounds-------------26 points 225-249 pounds-------------28 points 250-274 pounds-------------
> 30 points 275-299 pounds-------------31 points 300-324 pounds-------------32 points 325-349 pounds-------------
> 33 points More than 350 pounds-----34 points
>
> Then you add your 35 flex points on top of that. However, once the week
is
> over, so are your points. You cannot carry them forward, and you start fresh with a new 35 points
> every week.
>

> Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.
>
> Take care SPOONS ................
>
> "General Protection Fault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points
and
> > I was wondering how to determine your daily point allotment.
> >
> > If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > --
> > FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
> > 1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

Also, it might be worthwhile to mention that this calculator (using the formulas given in this
thread) would only be applicable to North American WW programmes.

Cheers, Petal

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:57:12 -0600, Joyce wrote:
> LOL! Seeing another post - I realized this wasn't at all what you were looking for. Guess I should
> clean off the ol' reading glasses. <g>
>
> Joyce

That's quite all right; I can use that too.

--
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
3:40PM up 45 days, 17:51, 1 user, load averages: 0.01, 0.01, 0.00

Here are the daily point ranges for the Winning Points plan, which preceded the Flex Points plan.
Winning Points didn't include an option for the additional 35 weekly points introduced with the Flex
Points plan. You had to bank (or reverse bank) points in excess of your daily target. The daily
target points in the Flex plan is 2 pts over the minimum points on the Winning plan.

Under 150 lbs-------18-23 points 150-174 lbs---------20-25 points 175-199 lbs---------22-27 points
200-224 lbs---------24-29 points 225-249 lbs---------26-31 points 250-274 lbs---------28-33 points
275-299 lbs---------29-34 points 300-324 lbs---------30-35 points 325-349 lbs---------31-36 points
350+ lbs------------32-37 points

Hope this helps. If you need info about plans prior to Winning Points, someone else will have to
step forward.

Prairie Roots

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 07:01:15 +0800, Rick Larsen <[email protected]> wrote:

>Is this the same as the "old" points allowance - before the flexipoints were introduced? I haven't
>been to a meeting for ages and thought the daily points allowance was lower. thanks Rick
>
>On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:56:32 GMT, "SPOONS" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Here are the Daily Flex points according to weight.
>>
>>FLEX POINT RANGE:
>>
>>Less than 150 pounds------20 points 150-174 pounds-------------22 points 175-199 pounds-------------
>>24 points 200-224 pounds-------------26 points 225-249 pounds-------------28 points 250-274 pounds-------------
>>30 points 275-299 pounds-------------31 points 300-324 pounds-------------32 points 325-349 pounds-------------
>>33 points More than 350 pounds-----34 points
>>
>>Then you add your 35 flex points on top of that. However, once the week is over, so are your
>>points. You cannot carry them forward, and you start fresh with a new 35 points every week.
>>

>>Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else.
>>
>>Take care SPOONS ................
>>
>>"General Protection Fault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> Hello, I am developing some software to help my wife track her points and I was wondering how to
>>> determine your daily point allotment.
>>>
>>> If this all works out I'll definitely release it to the public domain.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> --
>>> FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
>>> 1:15PM up 45 days, 15:26, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

thanks - much appreciated