Help! Campy Front Derailleur With Shimano STI Shifters?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tricone, Jun 6, 2003.

  1. Tricone

    Tricone Guest

    I'm sure that this question (or very similar) has been asked before, but I did a Google Groups
    search and didn't find a definitive answer. So, here goes . . . can I use a Campy Daytona front
    derailleur in a Shimano Ultegra/Dura Ace STI drivetrain e.g. with Shimano STI 9sp shifter levers?

    I suspect that the answer is YES, but I was wondering if it would shift just as flawlessly as a
    Shimano front derailleur.

    Tags:

  2. Nick Payne

    Nick Payne Guest

    For a two chainring setup, yes. For a triple, probably not.

    I'm using an old Suntour XC4050 front derailleur with Ultegra STI and two chainrings and that
    works fine.

    Nick

    "Tricone" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm sure that this question (or very similar) has been asked before, but I did a Google Groups
    > search and didn't find a definitive answer. So, here goes . . . can I use a Campy Daytona front
    > derailleur in a Shimano Ultegra/Dura Ace STI drivetrain e.g. with Shimano STI 9sp shifter levers?

  3. tricone-<< can I use a Campy Daytona front derailleur in a Shimano Ultegra/Dura Ace STI drivetrain
    e.g. with Shimano STI 9sp shifter levers?

    yes....

    << I suspect that the answer is YES, but I was wondering if it would shift just as flawlessly as a
    Shimano front derailleur

    yes again, and your first step to a all Campagnolo drivetrain!!!