Help...carbon post seized in Ti frame

Originally posted by boudreaux
SOLID!! Well then what is the point? Couldn't be lightness. Maybe all that mass will absorb more vibrations? Or, maybe it just looks cool.

It's all of that, and none of that, depending on what you are looking for. No need to justify why some may want or prefer carbon over any other material - to each his own.

Originally posted by fushman
thomson elite, i trust it very much. thomson masterpiece for you weight weenies. why worry about carbon?

I am thinking of getting a Thomson as a replacement, but I've dented those before, but at least it won't get stuck ;)

howd you dent it? at least you didnt put a dent in your top tube or something!

Originally posted by fushman
howd you dent it? at least you didnt put a dent in your top tube or something!

Funny thing is I don't know how. It may have been the last duathlon I participated in - hanging the bike in the transition area from the saddle??? Who knows.

Thomson makes a good post, no doubt, but whenever manufacturers strive to make the lightest of any product there are going to be some pitfalls. Either accept that fact (which I have) or move on to something else.

Ha, the first bike I bought had a Campy Athena seatpost on it - heavy, yes, but built like a brick.

Originally posted by Rippin

Thomson makes a good post, no doubt, but whenever manufacturers strive to make the lightest of any product there are going to be some pitfalls. Either accept that fact (which I have) or move on to something else.

I have some cool steel ones that aren't too rusty.:cool: