help changing derailleur cable (picture)

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by David Morse, May 12, 2003.

  1. David Morse

    David Morse Guest

    Hi, I go to bravely change my brake cable, though I have never seen it done before. I am having
    trouble removing old cable from grip shift. I have gotten this far (see picture) but can't figure
    out what to break,uh,remove next to extract this old cable. The shifter is a SRAM SRT 400-70 FFS
    Grip Shift 2, bought on a '97ish Trek.

    There are four pictures of the situation here: http://66.93.230.14/~dm/photos/05-12-2003 (Click
    small versions to see huge versions)

    Tags:

  2. David Morse wrote:

    > Hi, I go to bravely change my brake cable, though I have never seen it done before. I am having
    > trouble removing old cable from grip shift. I have gotten this far (see picture) but can't figure
    > out what to break,uh,remove next to extract this old cable. The shifter is a SRAM SRT 400-70 FFS
    > Grip Shift 2, bought on a '97ish Trek.
    >
    > There are four pictures of the situation here: http://66.93.230.14/~dm/photos/05-12-2003 (Click
    > small versions to see huge versions)
    dude you have one of the worst things made to change a cable on.

    you need to slide the grip section out of the body. unrap the cable rerap with the new and slide the
    thing back in PIA good luck