Help Circus Cyclists Jailed for Cycling w/o a License

Thanks for telling me what I am supposed to believe.... That's what republicans do... Republicanism
is based on fear and misinformation.

Republican CEO's are stealing the country blind and nothing is being done... Tax relief for the
wealthy??? Millions of people are out of work and all the republican wannabe's (people who make
less than $200K/yr) are led to believe that by depriving their neighbor it is for the good of the
country.... Now that is screwed up. The republican train of thought is "Maybe if we go over to
another country and kill a bunch of people maybe they will love us". Your damn right I believe
that the republicans killed Kennedy. I personally knew a guy that testified for the Warren
commision and said that Oswald did it all... He was poor before his testimony but after the
statement made to the warren commision ... His life changed...He lived in the $350k house in a
nice part of town and always wore italian suits everyday to work in a nasty warehouse (where he
was just a worker, until about 15 years ago or so he became a supervisor) until he died 3 years
ago... Absolutely true story. Maybe we should do the "right wing thing" and force all people to
work for $5.50 an hour to save the wealthy from having to dish out money enough for the people to
make a living on...The thought is: "Keep them poor and they'll make better workers!" Now we do not
have a democracy in the nation at all. We have an Autocracy! There is no 2 party system when it is
totally dominated by one party. All of the TV networks stopped all democratic based programs...All
of them... Wake up Jim Quinn and smell the coffee. Texas house or congress forced the democrats to
leave the state before they passed a bill to get rid of Democratic counties by merging them into
larger Republican counties. Enron screwed more people in your city and nothing has been done.
Nobody cares anymore because it wasn't a theft against a business. It was a theft against the
people who worked for Enron. Look at Reliant energy, they were selling energy back and forth to
Enron and raising the price everytime and then selling it to California residents at an exorbitant
price. The energy companies in California had enough energy for the state but would ween it out to
the people to cause blackouts. Now that is your republicans at work there. Cheating the people. I
believe we are up to around $70 billion now ... The only companies that are benefiting from this
war as planned are Bechtel and Haliburton. The VP of the nation retired from Haliburton after 6
years and retired with $35 million. That is thievery and planning. Haliburton moved their
financial group to bermuda or somewhere off shore so they wouldn't have to pay taxes...Most of all
Bechtel and Halliburton top employees are ex Military. All of these things I have written are
true. No conspiracy theories just plain facts.

Be aware ..don't give in to the scare.... <www.deomocartsunderground.com

[...]

Bechtel and Halliburton top employees are ex Military Generals. (now isn't that special!) All of
these things I have written are true. No conspiracy theories just plain facts.

<www.democratsunderground.com

"NS>" wrote:

> Thanks for telling me what I am supposed to believe.... That's what republicans do...
> Republicanism is based on fear and misinformation.

You say that as if you think the Democratic Party is any different.

Mitch

"Mitch Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "NS>" wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for telling me what I am supposed to believe.... That's what republicans do...
> > Republicanism is based on fear and misinformation.
>
> You say that as if you think the Democratic Party is any different.
>
> Mitch

They are all self-promoting, selfish SOB's.

Unfortunately there isn't a better political system in the world right now.

Hawke

Dashi Toshii wrote:

> "Mitch Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > "NS>" wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for telling me what I am supposed to believe.... That's what republicans do...
> > > Republicanism is based on fear and misinformation.
> >
> > You say that as if you think the Democratic Party is any different.
> >
> > Mitch
>
> They are all self-promoting, selfish SOB's.
>
> Unfortunately there isn't a better political system in the world right now.

How so?

Actually, there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the world — democracies that work far
better than our corporate owned system — democracies that put "American ideals" to shame. The US has
no monopoly on the "better political system in the world" - - - not by a long shot.

Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO http://www.CycleTourist.com Tolerance is recognizing that other people
have different ideals and needs than you. Compromise is acting on that knowledge.

"Chuck Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Dashi Toshii wrote:

| > > You say that as if you think the Democratic Party is any different.
| > >
| > > Mitch
| >
| > They are all self-promoting, selfish SOB's.
| >
| > Unfortunately there isn't a better political system in the world right
now.

| How so?
|
| Actually, there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the world - democracies that work far
| better than our corporate owned system -
democracies
| that put "American ideals" to shame. The US has no monopoly on the
"better
| political system in the world" - - - not by a long shot.

Dashi Toshii nailed it: "....Unfortunately there isn't a better political system in the world
right now..."

Regarding : "...there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the world - democracies that work
far better..."

Perhaps you will reveal their names, and explain why you are not there, basking in liberty, and
prosperity?

ED3

"Chuck Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Dashi Toshii wrote:

> > > You say that as if you think the Democratic Party is any different.
> > >
> > > Mitch
> >
> > They are all self-promoting, selfish SOB's.
> >
> > Unfortunately there isn't a better political system in the world right
now.

> How so?
>
> Actually, there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the world - democracies that work far
> better than our corporate owned system -
democracies
> that put "American ideals" to shame. The US has no monopoly on the
"better
> political system in the world" - - - not by a long shot.

Which ones are you thinking of?

In article <[email protected]>, "NS>" <[email protected]> wrote:

> <cut>
>
> Way Of Topic...
>
> > The Bill of Rights articulates your rights as they relate to the federal government, which has
> > unique, monopolistic powers. It does not, for the most part, interfere with a voluntary
> > arrangement you might have with your private employer, FoMoCo, or otherwise.
>
> By voluntary agreement ..do you mean the forced "nondisclosure agreement"?

That's right. They forced you to sign the employment contract. Will the man stop at nothing to make
you work for him??

> > And I do not believe at all that to be his inference. As to your concerns regarding your
> > political beliefs relating to your well being in your state of residence...time to check your
> > meds, or start studying history a bit more thoroughly.
>
> Just look in the news at "self pronounced" democrats... Aside from being shunned and
> disenfranchised here in the U.S. there is a movement toward imprisonment for voicing their
> opinions (free speech) about their anti-war stance. I may have been extreme with my nazi
> reference, but the

The Dixie Chicks: Jailed! Janeane Garofolo: On the Run! Michael Moore: forced to give his Oscar
back! Al Sharpton: suppressed by the Man! Maxine Waters: defeated in her own primary!

Okay, one of these things happened. I'll give you "shunned", but shunning is not something the
government is doing, and not something the government has a mandate to prevent.

The freedom to express unpopular opinions implies the freedom of others to express disapproval.
The fact that Larouche Liberals are unpopular and widely ridiculed doesn't mean they are right, or
even wronged.

> "all or none", follow the dictator blindly (because he is a president) ideal is rampant in this
> society. Mostly it is caused by people's lack of knowledge and the inate ability for people to
> have things done for them (including thinking). Then all you have to do is coerce the public to go
> kill a group of individuals that they have never met nor have ever had enough information about
> that society to make a valid deduction if they want to represent a faction of wealthy people and
> go to war with a pre 3rd world country for some government related financial reason.

This paragraph--and I use that term loosely--cannot be parsed in its present form. Please
re-think it.

In article <[email protected]>, "one of the six billion"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Edward Dike, III" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > As to your concerns regarding your political beliefs relating to your
> well
> > being in your state of residence...time to check your meds, or start studying history a bit more
> > thoroughly. ED3
> >

> Not if he's an Afghani, Saudi or Iraqi. Pretty soon you'll be able to add Syrians, Iranians, North
> Koreans and Cubans to the list of people treated outside the spirit of the bill of rights.

If you're talking about the present governments in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, North Korea, and Cuba;
and the recently departed ones in Afghanistan and Iraq, then we agree!

Describing Cubans et al as people treated outside the spirit of the bill of rights (by Americans?)
is just a cruel joke.

It won't be a far stretch to see
> environmentalists labeled as terrorists, there have been motions indicating that direction.
> Activists of all kinds especially those against the WTO or Free Trade have been and will
> increasingly be subjected to the surveillance and laws and judgments originally enabled for the
> War on Terrorism. To not acknowledge that there is a serious problem with civil liberties, human
> rights, adherence to the constitution and the bill of rights and democracy itself in today's
> climate is ignorance of what has and is occurring. For those sitting in a lilly white world
> following the corporate dictates it may seem far fetched but there are very real problems actually
> occurring right now.

Must...obey...corporate...masters...

waitaminit, I work for a public educational institution. The thought-control beams must be reaching
me from across the street.

line your bicycle helmet with tin-foil,

Chuck Anderson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Actually, there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the world ? democracies that work far
> better than our corporate owned system ? democracies that put "American ideals" to shame. The US
> has no monopoly on the "better political system in the world" - - - not by a long shot.

If you are referring to Europe, I have to digress. Yes, they have mostly proportional representation
systems that get small parties
(e.g. the Greens) into the legislature.

BUT-

I heard a figure that something like 2/3 of all national legislation in Europe is simply making
national laws compliant with EU ones. You will be hard pressed to find a European who can name one
politician in Strasbourg. That is probably not that bad. After all, these people are still elected
and Europeans vote for a party rather than an individual. The real problem is that the European
Commission has the exclusive right to propose legislation in Strasbourg and these people are NOT
elected. So European legislators are simply doing the bidding of an opaque cabal.

In Sweden, it used to be the case that the public had a right to view the transcripts from any
government meeting, as long as it was not security related. This is no longer the case because
this rule conflicts with European standards. I have a friend in Sweden who is very, very ******
about this.

Now with the new EU commission, it will become even more opaque. And you thought the Electoral
College was bad. The scary thing is that people here are so wedded to some ideal of multilateralisim
that they are happily throwing their democracy into the toilet. I am all for a Federal Europe, but
get rid of that commission and bring in directly elected officials.

Oh, and if people dare to elect a party that is deemed "unacceptable", they get ostracized. Case in
point: Austria.

For their own sake, may Norway and Switzerland never join the EU.

-Dave

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> Michael Moore: forced to give his Oscar back!

Now that I'd like to see. Some jerk makes a fictional documentary. When people point out the
non-facts in it he claims it's satire, not documentary. While accepting the "best documentary"
award, he proclaims my country's electoral system, as mandated by our Constitution, to be
"fictitious".

Mitch.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> Describing Cubans et al as people treated outside the spirit of the bill of rights (by Americans?)
> is just a cruel joke.

Cruel, yes, but as perpetrated by the Bush administration, not a laughing manner. Mitch.

"Edward Dike, III" wrote:

> "Chuck Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> | Dashi Toshii wrote:

> | > They are all self-promoting, selfish SOB's.
> | >
> | > Unfortunately there isn't a better political system in the world right
> now.
> |
> | How so?
> |
> | Actually, there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the world - democracies that work
> | far better than our corporate owned system -
> democracies
> | that put "American ideals" to shame. The US has no monopoly on the
> "better
> | political system in the world" - - - not by a long shot.
> |

> Dashi Toshii nailed it: "....Unfortunately there isn't a better political system in the world
> right now..."
>
> Regarding : "...there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the world - democracies that
> work far better..."
>
> Perhaps you will reveal their names, and explain why you are not there, basking in liberty, and
> prosperity?

That's the most roundabout "love it or leave it" I've ever heard.

Dashi Toshii wrote:

> "Chuck Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Dashi Toshii wrote:

> > > They are all self-promoting, selfish SOB's.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately there isn't a better political system in the world right
> now.
> >
> > How so?
> >
> > Actually, there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the world - democracies that work
> > far better than our corporate owned system -
> democracies
> > that put "American ideals" to shame. The US has no monopoly on the
> "better
> > political system in the world" - - - not by a long shot.
>
> Which ones are you thinking of?

Canada, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, .....

I'm sure there are others I don't have knowledge of.

Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO http://www.CycleTourist.com Tolerance is recognizing that other people
have different ideals and needs than you. Compromise is acting on that knowledge.

"Chuck Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Dashi Toshii wrote:

> > now.
> > >
> > > How so?
> > >
> > > Actually, there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the
world -
> > > democracies that work far better than our corporate owned system -
> > democracies
> > > that put "American ideals" to shame. The US has no monopoly on the
> > "better
> > > political system in the world" - - - not by a long shot.
> >
> > Which ones are you thinking of?
>
> Canada, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, New
Zealand,
> Denmark, Finland, .....
>
> I'm sure there are others I don't have knowledge of.

Why are they better?

Dashii

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, "NS>"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>><cut>
>>
>>Way Of Topic...
>>

>>>The Bill of Rights articulates your rights as they relate to the federal government, which has
>>>unique, monopolistic powers. It does not, for the most part, interfere with a voluntary
>>>arrangement you might have with your private employer, FoMoCo, or otherwise.
>>
>>By voluntary agreement ..do you mean the forced "nondisclosure agreement"?
>

> That's right. They forced you to sign the employment contract. Will the man stop at nothing to
> make you work for him??

Well, you are in Canada.... How can you sit there and not notice that your own dollar is ****
compared to the U.S. (and that is not meant as a bash against Canada) and make statements praising
the Republicans who would use you as a slave and wouldn't think twice about it. Canada is not a
state of the U.S. (yet, unless the U.S. Republicans decide to invade Canada because the Cold wind
blows from up there in the winter). In the U.S. here...If you don't sign a nondisclosure agreement
then you will not be hired. If you want to make a living buy a house, car and pay medical
insurance...(something that Canada has ingrained in their system), then you have to sign an
agreement.. and that bites considering the amount of jobs available and with that, the increased pay
or lack of if you don't sign. If you don't sign an agreement to work then you will not have a job
atleast in something other than a burger flipper or trash pick up.. Here in the U.S. you are bound
by the companies you work for. I don't know about Canada... Just as you apparently don't know much
about the U.S.

You just don't know how nasty it is.... Why should anyone put up with death threats because they are
against killing people? Americans wonder why people don't like them all over the world... It's
because we invade and kill them or support someone else that'll invade or kill them. And the
freaking wannabe republicans that go to work with a name patch on their shirts, stop by the liquor
store on the way home and stop by the walmart to buy ammo for their guns (and duct tape), because
the Government has screwed a bunch of people overseas and has come on the TV to say " Well, we
better raise the terrrorist threat to fuscia because there are bad people out there." I say..If we
don't try to screw everyone out of all of their resources and kill them, then we don't have to worry
about the terrorists. I believe it is time for the U.S. to make all of the republicans pay for their
war crimes and make them pay for the "I wanna kill sumpfin!" mentality. Fact.. The U.S. Laws
prohibit a President and Vice president being from the same state. George W. Bush and **** Cheney
are both from Texas.... **** Cheney said he resides in Wyoming... That's funny because the license
plates on his car that he used to travel to work at Haliburton in Ft.Worth, TX for 6 years prior to
his VP status had "TEXAS" written on them. There is a law here that states that a person who moves
into the state must change the plates on the car after 3 mos tops. He lived in Highland Park village
( a town in the middle of Dallas, TX).

> The freedom to express unpopular opinions implies the freedom of others to express disapproval.
> The fact that Larouche Liberals are unpopular and widely ridiculed doesn't mean they are right, or
> even wronged.
>

>>"all or none", follow the dictator blindly (because he is a president) ideal is rampant in this
>>society. Mostly it is caused by people's lack of knowledge and the inate ability for people to
>>have things done for them (including thinking). Then all you have to do is coerce the public to go
>>kill a group of individuals that they have never met nor have ever had enough information about
>>that society to make a valid deduction if they want to represent a faction of wealthy people and
>>go to war with a pre 3rd world country for some government related financial reason.
>

> This paragraph--and I use

(you mean understand)

that term loosely--cannot be parsed in its
> present form.

Please re-think it.

Hell no!

Well, you seem to have snipped the paragraph anyway so maybe that is why you are having trouble
"parsing" it. This is an Autocracy here in the States... It is not a Democracy... Tis unfortunately
true that the rich have killing done for them. Look at the current political situation...The
republicans are all chickenhawks. They talk a bunch (of ****) and send someone else to fight and die
for their monetary gains. A hero used to mean something here in America. Now you can get a dozen for
a dime at the local convenience store. Look at how stupid the civil war was... The south was
protecting a bunch of land owners that didn't go to war with the people who thought they were
"Southern Gentlemen..upright individuals that just want to have a few slaves work for them"..You may
think that that has no bearing, but the situation is the same.

You rethink your own beliefs.

From where I sit and I sit in the U.S. The democrats say "Power to the People". The republicans say
"Power to me and I'll just keep the poor SOB's on as the hired help". It looks like the republican
south has won this civil war....

<NS

On Tue, 27 May 2003 20:07:06 GMT, "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> from AT&T Broadband wrote:

>> Canada, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, New
>Zealand,
>> Denmark, Finland, .....
>>
>> I'm sure there are others I don't have knowledge of.
>
>Why are they better?

More freedom. More democratic governments. More humane policies.
--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace Oh, I LOST my ``HELLO KITTY'' DOLL and I get
BAD reception on channel TWENTY-SIX!!

Chuck Anderson wrote:

> Dashi Toshii wrote:

> > now.
> > >
> > > How so?
> > >
> > > Actually, there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the world - democracies that work
> > > far better than our corporate owned system - democracies that put "American ideals" to shame.
> > > The US has no monopoly on the "better political system in the world" - - - not by a long shot.
> >
> > Which ones are you thinking of?
>
> Canada, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, Denmark,
> Finland, .....
>
> I'm sure there are others I don't have knowledge of.

Ahhh, right! Another of the "Europe does it best" crowd.

And I suppose these countries "do democracy" right because they are...somehow non-corporate?

Europe has a notorious "top down" leadership model. Europe has a functioning democracy certainly,
but to call it superior to the American form is bunk!

It's simply a different model.

SMH

<clipped>

Ah yes, the dreaded " I'll drink the water and if my underlings want some I'll pee on them"

We call it the trickle (tinkle) down theory here in the U.S.

Sorry to hear that,

NS

"Chuck Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| "Edward Dike, III" wrote:
|
| > "Chuck Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| > | Dashi Toshii wrote:
| > |

| > now.
| > |
| > | How so?
| > |
| > | Actually, there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the
world -
| > | democracies that work far better than our corporate owned system -
| > democracies
| > | that put "American ideals" to shame. The US has no monopoly on the
| > "better
| > | political system in the world" - - - not by a long shot.
| > |

| > Dashi Toshii nailed it: "....Unfortunately there isn't a better
political
| > system in the world right now..."
| >
| > Regarding : "...there ARE many working democracies in the rest of the world - democracies that
| > work far better..."
| >
| > Perhaps you will reveal their names, and explain why you are not there, basking in liberty, and
| > prosperity?
|
| That's the most roundabout "love it or leave it" I've ever heard.
|
| --
No, just curious....I'd like to here of a freer, more prosperous, and more desirable place to live.
Given the level of immigration into this country, I suspect others might as well. Good dodge of an
answer, however. ED3