Help Cleaning Rotessirie Parts

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lou Vincze, Jan 16, 2005.

  1. Lou Vincze

    Lou Vincze Guest

    Hi gang!

    I'm using a rotisserie oven and over the past day have cooked hamburgers (in
    a basket) and 2 cornish hens. Most of the parts are dishwasher safe.

    I've noticed on the removable and washable gear wheels that there is some
    cooked on juice and/or blood from the meat i cooked. They'be been through 2
    dishwasher cycles and scrubbed with brillo and still won't come clean.

    Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?

    Thanks!

    Lou

    Tags:

  2. On Sun 16 Jan 2005 12:54:46p, Lou Vincze tittered and giggled, and giggled
    and tittered, and finally blurted out...

    > Hi gang!
    >
    > I'm using a rotisserie oven and over the past day have cooked hamburgers
    > (in a basket) and 2 cornish hens. Most of the parts are dishwasher
    > safe.
    >
    > I've noticed on the removable and washable gear wheels that there is
    > some cooked on juice and/or blood from the meat i cooked. They'be been
    > through 2 dishwasher cycles and scrubbed with brillo and still won't
    > come clean.
    >
    > Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Lou

    Dawn Power Dissolver would be my first choice. The the parts are stainless
    steel, you could also use oven cleaner.

    Wayne

  3. ~Shelly~

    ~Shelly~ Guest

    "Lou Vincze" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?

    I've had good results putting a cup or two of white vinegar in a heavy
    garbage bag, putting barbeque grill parts in the bag, sealing bag and
    shaking it a bit. Leave several hours or overnight. Works the best if you
    leave the bag in a warm spot or in the sun. But be careful, this will take
    paint off, so don't use it for just anything.

    ~Shelly~

  4. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:54:46 GMT, "Lou Vincze"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hi gang!
    >
    > I'm using a rotisserie oven and over the past day have cooked hamburgers (in
    > a basket) and 2 cornish hens. Most of the parts are dishwasher safe.
    >
    > I've noticed on the removable and washable gear wheels that there is some
    > cooked on juice and/or blood from the meat i cooked. They'be been through 2
    > dishwasher cycles and scrubbed with brillo and still won't come clean.
    >
    > Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?

    Why do you want it to look unused? Who cares if there are
    stains as long as it's clean!?! Is the stain police beating
    down your door for an inspection?

    sf

  5. Louis Cohen

    Louis Cohen Guest

    Lou Vincze wrote:
    > Hi gang!
    >
    > I'm using a rotisserie oven and over the past day have cooked hamburgers (in
    > a basket) and 2 cornish hens. Most of the parts are dishwasher safe.
    >
    > I've noticed on the removable and washable gear wheels that there is some
    > cooked on juice and/or blood from the meat i cooked. They'be been through 2
    > dishwasher cycles and scrubbed with brillo and still won't come clean.
    >
    > Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Lou

    Bar Keeper's Friend for the stainless parts.

    Regards

    Louis Cohen

    "Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

    Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877

  6. Lou Vincze

    Lou Vincze Guest

    "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:54:46 GMT, "Lou Vincze"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi gang!
    >>
    >> I'm using a rotisserie oven and over the past day have cooked hamburgers
    >> (in
    >> a basket) and 2 cornish hens. Most of the parts are dishwasher safe.
    >>
    >> I've noticed on the removable and washable gear wheels that there is
    >> some
    >> cooked on juice and/or blood from the meat i cooked. They'be been
    >> through 2
    >> dishwasher cycles and scrubbed with brillo and still won't come clean.
    >>
    >> Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?
    >>

    > Why do you want it to look unused? Who cares if there are
    > stains as long as it's clean!?! Is the stain police beating
    > down your door for an inspection?
    >

    > sf

    I just want it clean. To me if it's stained it's not clean.

    Lou

  7. "Lou Vincze" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I just want it clean. To me if it's stained it's not clean.
    >
    > Lou

    Metals can stain and discolor under heat and never get the shine back. Also,
    at the temperature they are running, anything would be killed anyway.

  8. Lou Vincze

    Lou Vincze Guest

    "Edwin Pawlowski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Lou Vincze" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> I just want it clean. To me if it's stained it's not clean.
    >>
    >> Lou

    > Metals can stain and discolor under heat and never get the shine back.
    > Also, at the temperature they are running, anything would be killed
    > anyway.

    ok thanks