Help Cleaning Rotessirie Parts

Lou Vincze

Guest
Hi gang!

I'm using a rotisserie oven and over the past day have cooked hamburgers (in
a basket) and 2 cornish hens. Most of the parts are dishwasher safe.

I've noticed on the removable and washable gear wheels that there is some
cooked on juice and/or blood from the meat i cooked. They'be been through 2
dishwasher cycles and scrubbed with brillo and still won't come clean.

Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?

Thanks!

Lou

On Sun 16 Jan 2005 12:54:46p, Lou Vincze tittered and giggled, and giggled
and tittered, and finally blurted out...

> Hi gang!
>
> I'm using a rotisserie oven and over the past day have cooked hamburgers
> (in a basket) and 2 cornish hens. Most of the parts are dishwasher
> safe.
>
> I've noticed on the removable and washable gear wheels that there is
> some cooked on juice and/or blood from the meat i cooked. They'be been
> through 2 dishwasher cycles and scrubbed with brillo and still won't
> come clean.
>
> Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lou

Dawn Power Dissolver would be my first choice. The the parts are stainless
steel, you could also use oven cleaner.

Wayne

"Lou Vincze" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?

I've had good results putting a cup or two of white vinegar in a heavy
garbage bag, putting barbeque grill parts in the bag, sealing bag and
shaking it a bit. Leave several hours or overnight. Works the best if you
leave the bag in a warm spot or in the sun. But be careful, this will take
paint off, so don't use it for just anything.

~Shelly~

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:54:46 GMT, "Lou Vincze"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi gang!
>
> I'm using a rotisserie oven and over the past day have cooked hamburgers (in
> a basket) and 2 cornish hens. Most of the parts are dishwasher safe.
>
> I've noticed on the removable and washable gear wheels that there is some
> cooked on juice and/or blood from the meat i cooked. They'be been through 2
> dishwasher cycles and scrubbed with brillo and still won't come clean.
>
> Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?

Why do you want it to look unused? Who cares if there are
stains as long as it's clean!?! Is the stain police beating
down your door for an inspection?

sf

Lou Vincze wrote:
> Hi gang!
>
> I'm using a rotisserie oven and over the past day have cooked hamburgers (in
> a basket) and 2 cornish hens. Most of the parts are dishwasher safe.
>
> I've noticed on the removable and washable gear wheels that there is some
> cooked on juice and/or blood from the meat i cooked. They'be been through 2
> dishwasher cycles and scrubbed with brillo and still won't come clean.
>
> Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lou

Bar Keeper's Friend for the stainless parts.

Regards

Louis Cohen

"Yes, yes, I will desalinate you, you grande morue!"

Émile Zola, Assommoir 1877

"sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:54:46 GMT, "Lou Vincze"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hi gang!
>>
>> I'm using a rotisserie oven and over the past day have cooked hamburgers
>> (in
>> a basket) and 2 cornish hens. Most of the parts are dishwasher safe.
>>
>> I've noticed on the removable and washable gear wheels that there is
>> some
>> cooked on juice and/or blood from the meat i cooked. They'be been
>> through 2
>> dishwasher cycles and scrubbed with brillo and still won't come clean.
>>
>> Any idea what I can use to remove the stains?
>>

> Why do you want it to look unused? Who cares if there are
> stains as long as it's clean!?! Is the stain police beating
> down your door for an inspection?
>

> sf

I just want it clean. To me if it's stained it's not clean.

Lou

"Lou Vincze" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I just want it clean. To me if it's stained it's not clean.
>
> Lou

Metals can stain and discolor under heat and never get the shine back. Also,
at the temperature they are running, anything would be killed anyway.

"Edwin Pawlowski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Lou Vincze" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> I just want it clean. To me if it's stained it's not clean.
>>
>> Lou

> Metals can stain and discolor under heat and never get the shine back.
> Also, at the temperature they are running, anything would be killed
> anyway.

ok thanks