help climbing hills technique

flash79 said:
It will kind of force you to pedal in circles. Also do not forget to breath
1: How can you NOT pedal in circles. Ever notice that the rotational movement of the pedals happens to be circular on whatever bicycle you ride?

2: You know of anybody who actualy did forget to breathe and then drop dead as a result?

San Remo GT said:
1: How can you NOT pedal in circles. Ever notice that the rotational movement of the pedals happens to be circular on whatever bicycle you ride?

2: You know of anybody who actualy did forget to breathe and then drop dead as a result?
I think the point there is that,

1) You pedal and apply power in all phases of that circle, rather than just during the down stroke.

2) It's about the rhythm and concentrate on that. If the rhythm of breathing becomes irregular, then the performance can be affected.

mortonmoore said:
i dont have massive legs so i always feel it in my legs when i put them under pressure. im tring to get my cadence up so i use more body than legs. .
Hi morton as Alex has already pointed out there literally hundreds of posts on this topic. Grab ya self a coffee and a spare thirty mins and run search. i did a search on "block training" yesterday. There were lots of brilliant threads. I was stuck on the sofa chomping pizza and reading for at least an hour last night. Oh by the way you don't need massive legs to climb well (i thinks thats what you're implying). There's a stick-legged Dutch fella in this years Tour - Yellow Jersey - apparently. He absolutely flies up hills;)
The Mercks Diaries

mortonmoore said:
thanks for all the input
the reason why i ask is because i havent been riding in a few months, got a new bike, went riding with friends and one hill that we climbed just killed me.
was breathing so hard that at the top my throut was ruined, still ruined 3 days later. i phisically couldnt turn the pedels any more. i had to ride out of saddel the entire climb in my easiest gear and i couldnt turn the pedel anymore, i tried sitting but couldnt get any momentum, my easiest gear was still too hard out of saddel. mabe my cardio wasnt up to scratch. it was a long steep bendy hill. im gym fit but cardi fit my have been my down fall????????

Not quite OT, but have you had a professional bike fit done also?

Ash