Help, dairy

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lesanne, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    I can't find anywhere how much calcium has to be in something to be considered a serving of dairy. I
    used to know, who knows this ??

    Tags:

  2. "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I can't find anywhere how much calcium has to be in something to be considered a serving of dairy.
    >I used to know, who knows this ??

    In the US (and maybe other places) the label should indicate 6-8 g of protein and 25% calcium.

    HTH,

    Mary

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    A pint of real ice cream a day should cover it safely and put you back on top! (G)

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:58:41 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I can't find anywhere how much calcium has to be in something to be considered a serving of dairy.
    >I used to know, who knows this ??

  4. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Oh har de har har. My "little" list of WW friends is having a March challenge, I need to eat my
    dairy to make my challenge. Not real ice cream nope, not...

    > A pint of real ice cream a day should cover it safely and put you back on top! (G)
    >
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:58:41 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I can't find anywhere how much calcium has to be in something to be considered a serving of
    > >dairy. I used to know, who knows this ??

  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I will be honest. While I counted points and activity, I never did worry or fill out the dairy,
    fruits/veggies or water info.

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:38:06 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Oh har de har har. My "little" list of WW friends is having a March challenge, I need to eat my
    >dairy to make my challenge. Not real ice cream nope, not...
    >
    >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> A pint of real ice cream a day should cover it safely and put you back on top! (G)
    >>
    >> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:58:41 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I can't find anywhere how much calcium has to be in something to be considered a serving of
    >> >dairy. I used to know, who knows this ??

  6. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    I never did either. There is this one person on that list however that has been at goal for about 5
    years and she swears by their 8 guidelines. Says she just eats like that, and maintenance is a snap.

    > I will be honest. While I counted points and activity, I never did worry or fill out the dairy,
    > fruits/veggies or water info.
    >
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:38:06 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Oh har de har har. My "little" list of WW friends is having a March challenge, I need to eat my
    > >dairy to make my challenge. Not real ice
    cream
    > >nope, not...
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> A pint of real ice cream a day should cover it safely and put you back on top! (G)

  7. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Hmmmmmmm. Something to mull (besides red wine and spices)

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:58:13 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I never did either. There is this one person on that list however that has been at goal for
    >about 5 years and she swears by their 8 guidelines. Says she just eats like that, and
    >maintenance is a snap.
    >
    >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I will be honest. While I counted points and activity, I never did worry or fill out the dairy,
    >> fruits/veggies or water info.
    >>
    >> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:38:06 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Oh har de har har. My "little" list of WW friends is having a March challenge, I need to eat my
    >> >dairy to make my challenge. Not real ice
    >cream
    >> >nope, not...
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]...

  8. I think the serving has to be 25 percent of the daily requirement, Lee
    Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:lU8%[email protected]...
    > I can't find anywhere how much calcium has to be in something to be considered a serving of dairy.
    > I used to know, who knows this ??

  9. Mary where did you find out about the protein? I am curious as to why, Lee,
    always learning more
    Mary in Rock Island IL <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I can't find anywhere how much calcium has to be in something to be considered a serving of
    > >dairy. I used to know, who knows this ??
    > >
    > In the US (and maybe other places) the label should indicate 6-8 g of protein and 25% calcium.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Mary

  10. That is mean, Lee, who actually ate a quarter cup of hoginda's SP last night
    Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A pint of real ice cream a day should cover it safely and put you back on top! (G)
    >
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:58:41 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I can't find anywhere how much calcium has to be in something to be considered a serving of
    > >dairy. I used to know, who knows this ??

  11. now there's a challenge I could be successful, Lee
    news:yla%[email protected]...

  12. "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Mary where did you find out about the protein? I am curious as to why, Lee, always learning more
    >Mary in Rock Island IL <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I can't find anywhere how much calcium has to be in something to be considered a serving of
    >> >dairy. I used to know, who knows this ??
    >> >
    >> In the US (and maybe other places) the label should indicate 6-8 g of protein and 25% calcium.
    >>
    >> HTH,
    >>
    >> Mary

    At a recent meeting the topic was dairy. Our lecturer shared those numbers and I wrote them down
    thinking they might help me find some different dairy options (although I looooove milk). Mary

  13. Thanks, I guess I was daydreaming then thanks again, Lee
    Mary in Rock Island IL <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Mary where did you find out about the protein? I am curious as to why,
    Lee,
    > >always learning more Mary in Rock Island IL <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...

    > >> In the US (and maybe other places) the label should indicate 6-8 g of protein and 25% calcium.
    > >>
    > >> HTH,
    > >>
    > >> Mary
    > >
    > At a recent meeting the topic was dairy. Our lecturer shared those numbers and I wrote them down
    > thinking they might help me find some different dairy options (although I looooove milk). Mary

  14. Richard

    Richard Guest

    wrote:

    >I never did either. There is this one person on that list however that has been at goal for
    >about 5 years and she swears by their 8 guidelines. Says she just eats like that, and
    >maintenance is a snap.

    Where is this list please and the 8 guidelines?

    Thank you kindly,

    Richard

  15. five years is very impressive, Lee
    Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:F3m%[email protected]...
    > I never did either. There is this one person on that list however that
    has
    > been at goal for about 5 years and she swears by their 8 guidelines. Says she just eats like that,
    > and maintenance is a snap.
    >
    > "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I will be honest. While I counted points and activity, I never did worry or fill out the dairy,
    > > fruits/veggies or water info.
    > >
    > > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:38:06 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Oh har de har har. My "little" list of WW friends is having a March challenge, I need to eat my
    > > >dairy to make my challenge. Not real ice
    > cream
    > > >nope, not...
    > > >
    > > >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > >news:[email protected]...

  16. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    I was impressed. One of the weighers at our meeting has kept off the 40
    that she lost for 23 years now though :)

    berlin.de...

  17. Richard <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:58:13 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I never did either. There is this one person on that list however that has been at goal for
    >>about 5 years and she swears by their 8 guidelines. Says she just eats like that, and
    >>maintenance is a snap.
    >
    >Where is this list please and the 8 guidelines?
    >
    >Thank you kindly,
    >
    >Richard
    Richard--I think the 8 guidelines are the items in the tracker/planner/journal we are supposed to
    fill out weekly. Mary

  18. oh my that is wonderful, Lee
    Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:6dv%[email protected]...
    > I was impressed. One of the weighers at our meeting has kept off the 40 that she lost for 23 years
    > now though :)
    >
    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > five years is very impressive, Lee Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:F3m%[email protected]...
    > > > I never did either. There is this one person on that list however
    that
    > > has
    > > > been at goal for about 5 years and she swears by their 8 guidelines.
    > Says
    > > > she just eats like that, and maintenance is a snap.
    > > >
    > > > "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    March
    > > > cream

    > > back

    <[email protected]>

    > be

  19. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:33:20 GMT, Mary in Rock Island IL
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>Richard
    >Richard--I think the 8 guidelines are the items in the tracker/planner/journal we are supposed to
    >fill out weekly. Mary

    Thanks Mary

  20. Laura

    Laura Guest

    My leader lost 90 pounds in 1985. 5 years ago, 4 kids later she was 15pounds over goal. She lost the
    15 pounds in 6 weeks in order to become a leader. She has recently lost another handful or 2 pounds.
    She has faithfully journaled everyday for 20 years. Now, that's an accomplishment.