Help!- Edinburgh to Aberdeen then Orkney!

EdinGuy

Jun 17, 2004
Hey everyone, my first post n'all so be gentle! Me and a few friends are planning on cycling from Edinburgh upto Aberdeen then catching the ferry over to Orkney and spending a week or so touring around there.

Although I need some help in the way of information on cycling routes from Edinburgh to Aberdeen and any tips etc for my trip.

Thanks

Originally posted by EdinGuy
Hey everyone, my first post n'all so be gentle! Me and a few friends are planning on cycling from Edinburgh upto Aberdeen then catching the ferry over to Orkney and spending a week or so touring around there.

Although I need some help in the way of information on cycling routes from Edinburgh to Aberdeen and any tips etc for my trip.

Thanks

I wish I was doing that trip..... a few years ago I toured Edinburgh - Orkney - Outer Hebrides, all by bus. But, I'd love to cycle it. Actually, I rented a bike in Stromness (Orkney) and rode 40 miles around the western part of the island, until I was chased back to the hostel by a storm. I would recommend the ferry from Scrabster to Stromness, instead of the other way. That the only advice I have.

--Enjoy!

Yeah I've heard the cycling up in Orkney is top class! I'm just looking really for some routes from Edinburgh upto Aberdeen and any tips for places to go in Orkney.