Power meters · Public discussion

Help!!! Expected price for used SL+ PowerTap??

Started by Terminator-X · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,414 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
11 September 2010
Last activity
12 September 2010
Original author
Terminator-X
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,414
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello everyone,

    I have recently come across a guy I know who is a selling a PowerTap SL+. The item has gone through one years use which would have included a full training schedule and races. My question is what should I be expecting to pay for this second hand item?? Also noting that it is built into a very basic aluminium 32 spoke rim.

  2. Terminator-X said:

    Hello everyone,

    I have recently come across a guy I know who is a selling a PowerTap SL+. The item has gone through one years use which would have included a full training schedule and races. My question is what should I be expecting to pay for this second hand item?? Also noting that it is built into a very basic aluminium 32 spoke rim.

    Your best bet is to use the advanced search on ebay to look at recently closed auctions for similar PT wheels. You can also check current auctions with a BIN price or search Craiglook for national Craigslist advertisements. The next few months are traditionally a very good time to score a deal on bike stuff including power meters as folks finish their seasons and there's less appetite for bike related items.

    Good luck,
    -Dave

  3. Terminator-X said:

    Hello everyone,

    I have recently come across a guy I know who is a selling a PowerTap SL+. The item has gone through one years use which would have included a full training schedule and races. My question is what should I be expecting to pay for this second hand item?? Also noting that it is built into a very basic aluminium 32 spoke rim.

    Don't be knocking the good ol' 32 hole hoops. Strong and reliable is what you want when the majority or your riding will be training. Personally, i think the whole boutique wheel thing should be reserved for racing... which is a whole other kettle of fish. I really can't tell much difference during a hard set of hill intervals between a Ksyrium Premium SL and my powertap with an 32 spoke aerohead o/c.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.