Help!!! Expected price for used SL+ PowerTap??

Terminator-X

Sep 11, 2010
Hello everyone,

I have recently come across a guy I know who is a selling a PowerTap SL+. The item has gone through one years use which would have included a full training schedule and races. My question is what should I be expecting to pay for this second hand item?? Also noting that it is built into a very basic aluminium 32 spoke rim.

Terminator-X said:
Hello everyone,

I have recently come across a guy I know who is a selling a PowerTap SL+. The item has gone through one years use which would have included a full training schedule and races. My question is what should I be expecting to pay for this second hand item?? Also noting that it is built into a very basic aluminium 32 spoke rim.
Your best bet is to use the advanced search on ebay to look at recently closed auctions for similar PT wheels. You can also check current auctions with a BIN price or search Craiglook for national Craigslist advertisements. The next few months are traditionally a very good time to score a deal on bike stuff including power meters as folks finish their seasons and there's less appetite for bike related items.

Good luck,
-Dave

Terminator-X said:
Hello everyone,

Don't be knocking the good ol' 32 hole hoops. Strong and reliable is what you want when the majority or your riding will be training. Personally, i think the whole boutique wheel thing should be reserved for racing... which is a whole other kettle of fish. I really can't tell much difference during a hard set of hill intervals between a Ksyrium Premium SL and my powertap with an 32 spoke aerohead o/c.