Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Help Finding a Bike That Will Fit

Started by TallOneJosh · · Last activity · 2 posts · 575 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
16 March 2012
Last activity
20 March 2012
Original author
TallOneJosh
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
575
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey i am new to the forum and fairly new to the sport of cycling itself, i learned how to ride a bicycle at around 7-8 years old and was able to continue riding up until I outgrew all our family bikes at around 12-13 years old. I am now 18 years old and a college student and want to start cycling again. But unfortunately i am 6' 11" 220lbs with a 38-39" inseam making it pretty difficult to find a bike that will fit. I live in Florida and will use it mainly on-road to travel to the beaches, I am not looking for some $1500+ cycle I just want a somewhat durable bike that will fit me moderately comfortably and I'm on a tight budget so it has to be as cheap as possible, I know that this may be allot to ask, I just wanted to see what my options are. Thanks.

  2. The Trek 7.2 FX is a sturdy and able commuter that's easy and fun to ride, and it's available with a 25" frame. These retail for around $520-540.

    If you were a mere 6'5" or so, I'd have recommended the less expensive 7.1, but these are only available up to 22.5".

    For a drop-bar road bike, all the major manufacturers have quality aluminum-framed options. The trick is to find one big enough. The Trek 1.5 is available up to 64 cm. Street price is under $1200. The problem is, the cheaper 1.2 and 1.1 only go up to 62 cm.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.