Help Finding a Bike That Will Fit

TallOneJosh

Mar 15, 2012
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Hey i am new to the forum and fairly new to the sport of cycling itself, i learned how to ride a bicycle at around 7-8 years old and was able to continue riding up until I outgrew all our family bikes at around 12-13 years old. I am now 18 years old and a college student and want to start cycling again. But unfortunately i am 6' 11" 220lbs with a 38-39" inseam making it pretty difficult to find a bike that will fit. I live in Florida and will use it mainly on-road to travel to the beaches, I am not looking for some $1500+ cycle I just want a somewhat durable bike that will fit me moderately comfortably and I'm on a tight budget so it has to be as cheap as possible, I know that this may be allot to ask, I just wanted to see what my options are. Thanks.[/COLOR]

The Trek 7.2 FX is a sturdy and able commuter that's easy and fun to ride, and it's available with a 25" frame. These retail for around $520-540.

If you were a mere 6'5" or so, I'd have recommended the less expensive 7.1, but these are only available up to 22.5".

For a drop-bar road bike, all the major manufacturers have quality aluminum-framed options. The trick is to find one big enough. The Trek 1.5 is available up to 64 cm. Street price is under $1200. The problem is, the cheaper 1.2 and 1.1 only go up to 62 cm.