Road Cycling · Public discussion

Help finding an older Shimano crankset

Started by Gene Goldenfeld · · Last activity · 3 posts · 894 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
24 August 2003
Last activity
22 September 2003
Original author
Gene Goldenfeld
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
894
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Perhaps you have some help for me laying in the garage or basement. I have a late 80s 7-speed
    DiamondBack, and am looking for a Shimano double or triple crankset: 175mm arm length, 5 bolt/128mm
    spacing, preferably ~39 inner chainring (not 42), and in decent shape with lots of life left. I've
    also posted this on the marketplace newsgroup, but a hunch that a part like this is sitting in
    someone's old stock. Thanks,

    Gene Goldenfeld

  2. Gene Goldenfeld <[email hidden]> wrote in :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Perhaps you have some help for me laying in the garage or basement. I have a late 80s 7-speed
    DiamondBack, and am looking for a Shimano double or triple crankset: 175mm arm length, 5
    bolt/128mm spacing, preferably ~39 inner chainring (not 42), and in decent shape with lots of life
    left. I've also posted this on the marketplace newsgroup, but a hunch that a part like this is
    sitting in someone's old stock. Thanks,

    Gene Goldenfeld

    Why not just put a new one on?

  3. Mr. E. Mann said:

    Why not just put a new one on?

    I have an old 7 speed that I use for the bus and going to the store. It was in need of new
    driveline. I picked up a brand new Deore (all black) 22-32-44 crank, Shimano 11-34 freewheel (yes,
    they make 11 tooth freewheels now), UN-52 bottom bracket, and SRAM chain for $85 (not counting
    shipping). The beater had a 48 tooth big ring and a 14 tooth small cog on it so I actually increased
    the gear inches with this new setup. It breathed new life into my old beater!

    Cambria has the cheap 175mm 22-32-44 Deore cranks ($40), chain and BB that I spoke of, but you got
    to look around for the 11-34 freewheel.

    __________________
    -= ®atzofratzo =-

    ®emove The fleA to reply

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.