Help Finding Jacket

mrsbones

May 8, 2006
I need a good source to find a fluorescent yellow or other color lightweight jacket. I ordered one from Sport Saver over 2 weeks ago but never recieved it. Just something to help me be seen in the cooler moments but not heavy at all. Thanks for any help.

I've got a Red, Nike cycling jacket (it has reflectors on it too) that I got for xmas but was around $150. It was warm enough for cold (winter rides if I had arm warmers on too). I have not seen it on their website but I'm sure it can be found somewhere.

mrsbones said:
I need a good source to find a fluorescent yellow or other color lightweight jacket. I ordered one from Sport Saver over 2 weeks ago but never recieved it. Just something to help me be seen in the cooler moments but not heavy at all. Thanks for any help.
You can get several models of Pearl Izumi jackets from any of the normal on-line stores. P.I. calls it "screaming yellow", BTW. I have a couple of different ones and a vest, as well. I kind of wondered if I would wear the vest very much, but, with the good weather here in New England I am finding that I wear it all the time (I commute). If its hot you can still wear it over a light t-shirt, or whatever, and it's still pretty cool. There are Pearl Izumi specific sales several times a year and they are good to take advantage of, as the P.I. stuff is a wee bit expensive. But, it's great quality and lasts a very long time if you take care of it (wash in cold water and drip dry - the best way to wash all of your high tech bike wear).
Whatever you call that color, it's the way to go if you ride in any traffic.
Check Nashbar, Performance, or Jenson, wait for a sale and then find a 10% off coupon and you can get some pretty good deals. Hope this helps.