Help! flour q

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Teri, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. Teri

    Teri Guest

    I just started to mix my ingredients for Pizzellesd - and realized that I
    had bought bread flour vs regular flour. I still have a bit of regular
    flour - can I use these interchangeably? If I were to use the bread flour,
    what would happen to the consistency/taste of the cookie? Thanks!
    Teri

    Tags:

  2. sf

    sf Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:05:36 -0400, Teri wrote:

    > I just started to mix my ingredients for Pizzellesd - and realized that I
    > had bought bread flour vs regular flour. I still have a bit of regular
    > flour - can I use these interchangeably? If I were to use the bread flour,
    > what would happen to the consistency/taste of the cookie? Thanks!
    > Teri

    I wouldn't use it, but you can always give it a try and report back.

  3. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Teri wrote:
    > I just started to mix my ingredients for Pizzellesd - and realized that I
    > had bought bread flour vs regular flour. I still have a bit of regular
    > flour - can I use these interchangeably? If I were to use the bread flour,
    > what would happen to the consistency/taste of the cookie?

    Nothing anyone will notice. You can use hard wheat flour for pizzelle
    same as you can for pancakes, waffles, crepes, donuts, etc, all fried
    breads.... but not soft wheat flour for baked breads.

    Sheldon

  4. Arri London

    Arri London Guest

    Teri wrote:

    > I just started to mix my ingredients for Pizzellesd - and realized that I
    > had bought bread flour vs regular flour. I still have a bit of regular
    > flour - can I use these interchangeably? If I were to use the bread flour,
    > what would happen to the consistency/taste of the cookie? Thanks!
    > Teri

    It's fine. Don't overmix. Just let the batter sit for half an hour or so
    before you bake them up.