Help for a friend

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jimbo, May 22, 2003.

  1. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    dunno if anybody can help... but here is the email he sent....

    <Hey Bike Heads (and I'm sending this to a bunch of you) My single speed has been stuck in limbo for
    a while due to a lack of decals (yeah I'm anal and the guy could clear coat it after they go on).
    Here's the problem. I need some pics, advertisments, whatever you have that you might have from old
    school (if around 1996 qualifies) fisher bikes that might have the old GARY FISHER type-set in order
    to have some decals made up. The GF marlin rider would be super-cool too. I can't even get current
    decal sets from Trek/Fisher (remarkable!) Thanks for your help.

    Thanks

    Jimbo...ain't no fan of Gary...(san)

    Tags:

  2. Junobug

    Junobug Guest

    Have you tried contacting cycleart? I know they do some great paint jobs and reproduction of decals.
    If they don't, I know they have contacts with people that can help you out.

    Ken Juneau, AK "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > dunno if anybody can help... but here is the email he sent....
    >
    > <Hey Bike Heads (and I'm sending this to a bunch of you) My single speed has been stuck in limbo
    > for a while due to a lack of decals (yeah I'm anal and the guy could clear coat it after they go
    > on). Here's the problem. I need some pics, advertisments, whatever you have that you might have
    > from old school (if around 1996 qualifies) fisher bikes that might have the old GARY FISHER
    > type-set in order to have some decals made up. The GF marlin rider would be super-cool too. I
    > can't even get current decal sets from Trek/Fisher (remarkable!) Thanks for your help.
    > Ken>
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jimbo...ain't no fan of Gary...(san)

  3. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    junobug wrote:

    > Have you tried contacting cycleart? I know they do some great paint jobs and reproduction of
    > decals. If they don't, I know they have contacts with people that can help you out.
    >
    > Ken Juneau, AK "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > dunno if anybody can help... but here is the email he sent....
    > >
    > > <Hey Bike Heads (and I'm sending this to a bunch of you) My single speed has been stuck in limbo
    > > for a while due to a lack of decals (yeah I'm anal and the guy could clear coat it after they go
    > > on). Here's the problem. I need some pics, advertisments, whatever you have that you might have
    > > from old school (if around 1996 qualifies) fisher bikes that might have the old GARY FISHER
    > > type-set in order to have some decals made up. The GF marlin rider would be super-cool too. I
    > > can't even get current decal sets from Trek/Fisher (remarkable!) Thanks for your help.
    > > Ken>
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Jimbo...ain't no fan of Gary...(san)

    Thanks I'll pass that on to him!

    Jimbo(san)

  4. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > <Hey Bike Heads (and I'm sending this to a bunch of you) My single speed has been stuck in limbo
    > for a while due to a lack of decals (yeah I'm anal and the guy could clear coat it after they go
    > on). Here's the problem. I need some

    If he can't ride due to lack of decals he needs a different kind of "help"!
    :-D

  5. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > dunno if anybody can help... but here is the email he sent....
    >
    > <Hey Bike Heads (and I'm sending this to a bunch of you) My single speed has been stuck in limbo
    > for a while due to a lack of decals (yeah I'm anal and the guy could clear coat it after they go
    > on). Here's the problem. I need some pics, advertisments, whatever you have that you might have
    > from old school (if around 1996 qualifies) fisher bikes that might have the old GARY FISHER
    > type-set in order to have some decals made up. The GF marlin rider would be super-cool too. I
    > can't even get current decal sets from Trek/Fisher (remarkable!) Thanks for your help.
    > Ken>
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jimbo...ain't no fan of Gary...(san)

    Jimbo, are they the ones that look like this?

    http://www.pbase.com/image/9515434

    I can take better pictures with less mud if that's what he wants.

    Jon Bond

  6. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    > Jon Bond wrote:
    >
    > > Jimbo, are they the ones that look like this?
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/9515434
    >
    > Been riding at the Rez., Huh?-)

    That was from a ride around XMas. It was very, very, very muddy then.

    The Rez is a strange place. Half the trails will be solid, a quarter will be dusty and really dry,
    and a quarter will be wet and sloppy. Hell, there's a section with open slickrock with mud all
    around it, and its not in the woods either, its in one of hte dike areas! Strange shit, man....

    I've been riding down the ridge a bit towards Simsbury/Tariffville now, and its pretty sweet. I'll
    try to get some pictures out there next time I go.

    Jon Bond

  7. Jimbo\

    Jimbo\ Guest

    Thanks Jon I will foward that to him...

    Jimbo(san)

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > Jon Bond wrote:
    > >
    > > > Jimbo, are they the ones that look like this?
    > > >
    > > > http://www.pbase.com/image/9515434
    > >
    > > Been riding at the Rez., Huh?-)
    >
    > That was from a ride around XMas. It was very, very, very muddy then.
    >
    > The Rez is a strange place. Half the trails will be solid, a quarter will be dusty and really dry,
    > and a quarter will be wet and sloppy. Hell, there's a section with open slickrock with mud all
    > around it, and its not
    in
    > the woods either, its in one of hte dike areas! Strange shit, man....
    >
    > I've been riding down the ridge a bit towards Simsbury/Tariffville now,
    and
    > its pretty sweet. I'll try to get some pictures out there next time I go.
    >
    > Jon Bond

  8. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    Ok. If those are the right ones, let me know, and I'll take some better pictures where you can
    actually make out the decals ;)

    Jon Bond