!!Help for a LonelyRider

ffvelazquezh

Aug 12, 2003
I am a 50 years old, newcomer in the practice of the cycling and I am well interested in to share some experiences with some mates of my age, mainly about basics of training, nutrition, injuries, special cares due to the age. I use to live in a small town with beautiful sights but without specialized coaching where could I get some help with my doubts. I am trying to get the best of this sport.

The first of one, I would like to know HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH. How can I push harder but without cross the limit of overtraining?? Have I measure it in Kms?? in training days?? How can I distinguish the normal tiredness from the overtraining??

Due to my age, are there some frequent or normal injuries that can be avoided with some special cares?? Besides of healthy food, are there some special nutrition guides?? some special complements to improve the performance?

Any kind of help will be welcomed for this lonely rider

The training section of cyclingforums has a wealth of info on training, nutrition etc.

Get yourself a heart rate monitor (if you haven't already), this will assist with training and let you know when you are overtrained.