Help for a newbie

Jim R

Guest
Hi everyone. We have just started cycling and am in need of some help. I am
6ft tall with a 44 inch chest.......can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy
a reasonably priced shirt / jersey. I need one with a long back. Also non
padded shorts.

Thanks

Jim R

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:21:45 +0100, "Jim R" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hi everyone. We have just started cycling and am in need of some help. I am
>6ft tall with a 44 inch chest.......can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy
>a reasonably priced shirt / jersey. I need one with a long back. Also non
>padded shorts.

Why non padded?

wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>Hi everyone. We have just started cycling and am in need of some help. I am
>6ft tall with a 44 inch chest.......can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy
>a reasonably priced shirt / jersey. I need one with a long back. Also non
>padded shorts.

Bummer, innit? All cycle clothing seems to be designed for Italian
midgets. I found Briko Katana b*bsh*rts to be a good fit, mine ar XXL
(which is pathetic: I am 6'1" and under 13st, scarcely in the
clydesdale class). The longest jersey I have is also Briko. I have a
long back so if the style hasn't changed that should do if you can
find it in your chest size.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

wrote:

>Hi everyone. We have just started cycling and am in need of some help. I am
>6ft tall with a 44 inch chest.......can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy
>a reasonably priced shirt / jersey. I need one with a long back. Also non
>padded shorts.

Edinburgh Bike Co-op own brand stuff does these sorts of sizes, I'm 6
ft 3", 46" chest, and I've never had a problem buying clothing from
them..

http://www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk/

Have look at:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/

You can buy non-padded shorts just about anywhere, I'd have thought.
Padded are the ones to have, though.

--
Best regards
Richard

http://www.ceresgames.co.uk/

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:06:06 +0100, Gonzalez wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:21:45 +0100, "Jim R" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi everyone. We have just started cycling and am in need of some help. I am
>>6ft tall with a 44 inch chest.......can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy
>>a reasonably priced shirt / jersey. I need one with a long back. Also non
>>padded shorts.

> Why non padded?

You don't need nappie^Wpadding on a recumbent. So presumably Jim is
joining the dark side from the outset.

Mike