Help for a newbie

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jim R, Jun 6, 2004.

  1. Jim R

    Jim R Guest

    Hi everyone. We have just started cycling and am in need of some help. I am
    6ft tall with a 44 inch chest.......can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy
    a reasonably priced shirt / jersey. I need one with a long back. Also non
    padded shorts.

    Thanks

    Jim R

    Tags:

  2. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:21:45 +0100, "Jim R" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Hi everyone. We have just started cycling and am in need of some help. I am
    >6ft tall with a 44 inch chest.......can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy
    >a reasonably priced shirt / jersey. I need one with a long back. Also non
    >padded shorts.

    Why non padded?

  3. On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:21:45 +0100, "Jim R" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    >Hi everyone. We have just started cycling and am in need of some help. I am
    >6ft tall with a 44 inch chest.......can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy
    >a reasonably priced shirt / jersey. I need one with a long back. Also non
    >padded shorts.

    Bummer, innit? All cycle clothing seems to be designed for Italian
    midgets. I found Briko Katana b*bsh*rts to be a good fit, mine ar XXL
    (which is pathetic: I am 6'1" and under 13st, scarcely in the
    clydesdale class). The longest jersey I have is also Briko. I have a
    long back so if the style hasn't changed that should do if you can
    find it in your chest size.

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  4. On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:21:45 +0100, "Jim R" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Hi everyone. We have just started cycling and am in need of some help. I am
    >6ft tall with a 44 inch chest.......can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy
    >a reasonably priced shirt / jersey. I need one with a long back. Also non
    >padded shorts.

    Edinburgh Bike Co-op own brand stuff does these sorts of sizes, I'm 6
    ft 3", 46" chest, and I've never had a problem buying clothing from
    them..

    http://www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk/

    Have look at:

    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/

    You can buy non-padded shorts just about anywhere, I'd have thought.
    Padded are the ones to have, though.

    --
    Best regards
    Richard

    http://www.ceresgames.co.uk/

  5. Mike Causer

    Mike Causer Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:06:06 +0100, Gonzalez wrote:

    > On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:21:45 +0100, "Jim R" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi everyone. We have just started cycling and am in need of some help. I am
    >>6ft tall with a 44 inch chest.......can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy
    >>a reasonably priced shirt / jersey. I need one with a long back. Also non
    >>padded shorts.

    > Why non padded?

    You don't need nappie^Wpadding on a recumbent. So presumably Jim is
    joining the dark side from the outset.

    Mike