Help: Fudge "Squares" with "Pecan Pie" top layer ???

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Weiler, Apr 20, 2004.

  1. Weiler

    Weiler Guest

    I attended a funeral over the weekend. I made discrete
    inquiries regarding this dessert (and evidently others had
    as well) but no one seemed to have any idea who brought it.
    I got an "...food just shows up at these things!"

    I tried the web but couldn't find anything with the two
    layers. I'm wondering if I could make some chocolate fudge
    and then some pecan-pie-type filling stuff, only cook it to
    the softball stage and then pour it on top. Anyone have
    experience with this sort of experimentation ? Think it
    could work ? Any suggestions ?

    thanks ...Kristina

    Tags:

  2. Misnomer

    Misnomer Guest

    Pecan Pie Bars

    2 cups unsifted flour
    1/2 cup confectioners sugar 1 cup cold margarine or butter

    1 can "sweeteend condesed milk" (eagle brand) 1 egg 1 tsp
    vanilla extract 1 package almond bricle chips 1 cup
    chopped pecans

    preheat oven to 350 combine flour and sugar, cut in
    margarine until crumbly, press firmly on bottom of 13 X9
    inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.

    Beat sweetened condensed milk egg and vanilla. Stir in chips
    and pecans. Spread over baked crust. Bake another 25 minutes
    until golden. Cool cut into bars. STore in refrigerator.

    Note: I haven't made this, although I have made other
    things with the sweetened condensed milk and they are all
    pretty much the same. I also don't know what almond brickle
    chips are.

    take care Liz

    Hey! Look what [email protected] (Weiler) wrote :

    >I attended a funeral over the weekend. I made discrete
    >inquiries regarding this dessert (and evidently others had
    >as well) but no one seemed to have any idea who brought it.
    >I got an "...food just shows up at these things!"
    >
    >I tried the web but couldn't find anything with the two
    >layers. I'm wondering if I could make some chocolate fudge
    >and then some pecan-pie-type filling stuff, only cook it to
    >the softball stage and then pour it on top. Anyone have
    >experience with this sort of experimentation ? Think it
    >could work ? Any suggestions ?
    >
    >thanks ...Kristina

  3. Misnomer

    Misnomer Guest