HELP! Gary Fisher Paragon or Tassajara???

olewolfgang

Dec 21, 2003
What is the consensus?
I am thinking of getting a mountain bike for some moderate trail riding and some roads. Does anyone have any input?!
Thank you very much!
The Olewolf...

Originally posted by olewolfgang
What is the consensus?
I am thinking of getting a mountain bike for some moderate trail riding and some roads. Does anyone have any input?!
Thank you very much!
The Olewolf...

I have a Tassajara which I bought in July of this year, I changed the pedals (M545), the seat to a cushier model as I was oveer 250lbs when I bought it (now am 220), and the tires to some less knobby ones from Bontrager as the bike is never not on the road. The bike is AWESOME, for the money I don't think you can do any better. The frame is strong without being too heavy and the ride is fluid and smooth. As far as mid priced hardtails go and fun per dollar ratio I think this bike is an absolute winner and in that respect I dare say a bargain. Enjoy!

Originally posted by olewolfgang
What is the consensus?
Thank you very much!
The Olewolf...

Both of those bikes are IMO good choices. Some better components on the Paragon but the main difference between the two is the frame. Dbbl butted better tubing on the Paragon vs the Tassajara however both are lifetime frame warranties. Paragon might be overkill for the casual trail and urban rider but the Tassajara would be hard to beat. That's probaby why it's a Choice Award Winner on mtbreview.com. Check it out and see what Tas riders have to say!