Help? Greg Lemond 1990 Tour de France picture from "Winning" Magazine.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by William.R.Reise, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Hi I am looking for a picture of Greg Lemond in the TimeTrial of the 1990 Tour de France. It was
    printed in Winning Magazine maybe a year or so after the event on a double page inside spread that
    you could pull out and stick on your wall. He had his Rainbow Jersey on with Z shorts. He was on his
    bike on his tri-bars I think. I think he had flouresent Yellow Oakley M-Frames with a Blue irridium
    lens. The picture was taken from the side he looked to be grinning looking forward. The background
    is blured with the speed. He didn't have a helmet on.

    If anyone has this in an old pile of "Winning magazines" and could be bothered to scan it in and
    email it me I would really appreciate it. The thing is I'd like to do a painting based around it.
    I'd send you a scan of my painting when I'm done.

    Please email me? Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. I should have this. I'll take a look for you.

    "William.R.Reisen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi I am looking for a picture of Greg Lemond in the TimeTrial of the 1990 Tour de France. It was
    > printed in Winning Magazine maybe a year or so after the event on a double page inside spread that
    > you could pull out and stick on your wall. He had his Rainbow Jersey on with Z shorts. He was on
    > his bike on his tri-bars I think. I think he had flouresent Yellow Oakley M-Frames with a Blue
    > irridium lens. The picture was taken from the side he looked to be grinning looking forward. The
    > background is blured with the speed. He didn't have a helmet on.
    >
    > If anyone has this in an old pile of "Winning magazines" and could be bothered to scan it in and
    > email it me I would really appreciate it. The thing is I'd like to do a painting based around it.
    > I'd send you a scan of my painting when I'm done.
    >
    > Please email me? Thanks.

  3. ... actually, a better one is the shot of the finish at the ('89?) worlds at Chamberry with Lemond,
    Kelly and Konishev (sp?). Lemond is looking right at the camera with a look of
    exhaustion/excitement/surprise on his face, soaking wet from the rain. I did a colored pencil
    drawing of that one back then, but I'm not much of an artist. That's the one you should do- captures
    all the drama of that finish.