Help? Greg Lemond 1990 Tour de France picture from "Winning" Magazine.

William.R.Reise

Guest
Hi I am looking for a picture of Greg Lemond in the TimeTrial of the 1990 Tour de France. It was
printed in Winning Magazine maybe a year or so after the event on a double page inside spread that
you could pull out and stick on your wall. He had his Rainbow Jersey on with Z shorts. He was on his
bike on his tri-bars I think. I think he had flouresent Yellow Oakley M-Frames with a Blue irridium
lens. The picture was taken from the side he looked to be grinning looking forward. The background
is blured with the speed. He didn't have a helmet on.

If anyone has this in an old pile of "Winning magazines" and could be bothered to scan it in and
email it me I would really appreciate it. The thing is I'd like to do a painting based around it.
I'd send you a scan of my painting when I'm done.

Please email me? Thanks.

I should have this. I'll take a look for you.

"William.R.Reisen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi I am looking for a picture of Greg Lemond in the TimeTrial of the 1990 Tour de France. It was
> printed in Winning Magazine maybe a year or so after the event on a double page inside spread that
> you could pull out and stick on your wall. He had his Rainbow Jersey on with Z shorts. He was on
> his bike on his tri-bars I think. I think he had flouresent Yellow Oakley M-Frames with a Blue
> irridium lens. The picture was taken from the side he looked to be grinning looking forward. The
> background is blured with the speed. He didn't have a helmet on.
>
> If anyone has this in an old pile of "Winning magazines" and could be bothered to scan it in and
> email it me I would really appreciate it. The thing is I'd like to do a painting based around it.
> I'd send you a scan of my painting when I'm done.
>
> Please email me? Thanks.

... actually, a better one is the shot of the finish at the ('89?) worlds at Chamberry with Lemond,
Kelly and Konishev (sp?). Lemond is looking right at the camera with a look of
exhaustion/excitement/surprise on his face, soaking wet from the rain. I did a colored pencil
drawing of that one back then, but I'm not much of an artist. That's the one you should do- captures
all the drama of that finish.