Help! I need info on deaths of riders

Status
Not open for further replies.

aplejacs1

Mar 1, 2003
hi. I have to do a college paper and I need info on riders that have been killed while competeing in the Tour de France. the latest death i can find is Fabio Casartelli in 1995. I thought there has been atleast one since then. I have searched and searched and cant find anything. If anyone knows anything or of any good sites that might have it I greatly appreciate the help!!!

thanks amanda

Originally posted by aplejacs1
hi. I have to do a college paper and I need info on riders that have been killed while competeing in the Tour de France. the latest death i can find is Fabio Casartelli in 1995. I thought there has been atleast one since then. I have searched and searched and cant find anything. If anyone knows anything or of any good sites that might have it I greatly appreciate the help!!!

thanks amanda

Fabio Casartelli was the last rider to die in the TDF. A few years ago a spectator was killed when he/she got hit by either a team car or a rider, i'm not sure which.

cheers

Sadly, yes...a spectator was run over and I believe that it was a little boy that ran into the road to grab some candy thrown by people in the caravan.

If it helps, an English rider, Tom Simpson, died while climbing a mountain on a very hot day. It was found that he had dope in his system. A google search will surely find something about that (it is perhaps the most high profile tour related death).

aplejacs1 said:

thanks amanda
reee

Status
Not open for further replies.