** help identifying a pinarello **

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by trickyturbo, May 1, 2011.

1. trickyturbo

trickyturbo New Member

Hi guys and girls

Please forgive my total ignorance but im not in to cycling at all

I have been given a Pinerello road bike and would like more info on it as all my googling has failed

I'll post some pics for you all

What i have found out is it a Paris 7003 T6, alloy frame and carbon forks

Info im after is what year it was made, is it any good and whats it worth as ill probably just sell it

pics below and any help is greatly appreciated

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

As you can see from the last few pics the wheels are a different colour and maybe be different (i have no idea) and the frame has a small dent

Please tell me what you think and is it worth anything??

regards

Ricky

Tags:

2. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

Your Pinarello dates to between 1998 & 2001.

It is worth between $300 to $800, depending on the buyer -- figure on $600(US) as its fair value even with the dent.

IMO, you should keep it.

3. Phil85207

Phil85207 New Member

Thats a pretty nice gift. Your a luck is in.

4. vspa

vspa Active Member

if it was not for the dent i would say yes its a keeper,
    in his time this one was a race bike with racing components,
    and for today still a very good bike,

5. merkaba

merkaba New Member

I noticed its got a Dura-Ace setup. How many gears in the rear? Dura-Ace is Shimano's top of the line gruppo and it alone is worth quite a lot. Its got some damn good wheels as well. All that gear is gonna increase its value, provided none of it was damaged by whatever caused that dent. Once you can pin-point a year, you can divine the value of those parts and can search online for their residual values.
    I suggest taking it too a few local cycling shops and telling them whats up. Rest assured though, they might try to buy it off you for substantially less than its worth, so watch out. If you do choose to sell it, do so on craigslist. I've had great luck selling bikes on craigslist and highly recommend it... However, you could choose to keep that bitchin' bike and ride the hell outta it! Might be the best thing you've ever done.

6. trickyturbo

trickyturbo New Member

Wow thanks for the help guys, it's has indeed got durace gar fitted and the rear wheel has 9 gears on it I think but I'll double check later I'll run it into my local bike shop and get it serviced and checked over as the rear break is binding slightly Also I don't have the shoes for the clip on pedles so I can't ride it as is Thanks guys and if anyone can pin point the year that would be great Cheers