Help Identifying Campy hub

Robinfo

Guest
I've got a tubular wheelset which has a campy rear hub (9 speed from a couple of years ago) that I
thought was chorus. Looking at it though I think it may be record. The hub doesn't have "record" on
it anywhere, but it does have that little metal band around the center of the hub body, which I
thought was only on record hubs. Anything else distiguishing for record
vs. chorus 9 speed hubs?

TIA

"RobInfo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've got a tubular wheelset which has a campy rear hub (9 speed from a couple of years ago) that I
> thought was chorus. Looking at it though I think it may be record. The hub doesn't have "record"
> on it anywhere, but it does have that little metal band around the center of the hub body,
which
> I thought was only on record hubs. Anything else distiguishing for record
> vs. chorus 9 speed hubs?

My 98 Chorus hubs have the grease port, complete with little clip. It's only the really new ones
(aluminium axles) where they've dropped the grease port on Chorus. Record hubs generally have
titanium pawls, I believe. Record QRs have a little ring on the nut side. Also, Chorus are generally
only available in 32 and 36. If it's 28 spokes, then it's prolly Record.

Cheers,

Suzy

--
---
Suzy Jackson [email protected] http://www.suzyj.net

RobInfo wrote:
> I've got a tubular wheelset which has a campy rear hub (9 speed from a couple of years ago)

New, used or old stock?

> that I thought was chorus. Looking at it though I think it may be record. The hub doesn't have
> "record" on it anywhere, but it does have that little metal band around the center of the hub
> body, which I thought was only on record hubs. Anything else distiguishing for record vs. chorus 9
> speed hubs?

Does it look like this? : http://www.campagnolo.com/groupsets.php?gid=1&cid=4

~PB

Robert-<< it does have that little metal band around the center of the hub body, which I thought was
only on record hubs. Anything else distiguishing for record

Silver 9/10s freehub body and titanium axle-Record, samo hub, steel axle, Chorus.

It 'might' be a 8s hub with an aluminum freehub body for 8s ti cogs tho-The
9/10s was deeply 'scalloped'-

(10)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"