Help Identifying Campy hub

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Robinfo, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Robinfo

    Robinfo Guest

    I've got a tubular wheelset which has a campy rear hub (9 speed from a couple of years ago) that I
    thought was chorus. Looking at it though I think it may be record. The hub doesn't have "record" on
    it anywhere, but it does have that little metal band around the center of the hub body, which I
    thought was only on record hubs. Anything else distiguishing for record
    vs. chorus 9 speed hubs?

    TIA

    Tags:

  2. Suzy Jackson

    Suzy Jackson Guest

    "RobInfo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've got a tubular wheelset which has a campy rear hub (9 speed from a couple of years ago) that I
    > thought was chorus. Looking at it though I think it may be record. The hub doesn't have "record"
    > on it anywhere, but it does have that little metal band around the center of the hub body,
    which
    > I thought was only on record hubs. Anything else distiguishing for record
    > vs. chorus 9 speed hubs?

    My 98 Chorus hubs have the grease port, complete with little clip. It's only the really new ones
    (aluminium axles) where they've dropped the grease port on Chorus. Record hubs generally have
    titanium pawls, I believe. Record QRs have a little ring on the nut side. Also, Chorus are generally
    only available in 32 and 36. If it's 28 spokes, then it's prolly Record.

    Cheers,

    Suzy

    --
    ---
    Suzy Jackson [email protected] http://www.suzyj.net

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    RobInfo wrote:
    > I've got a tubular wheelset which has a campy rear hub (9 speed from a couple of years ago)

    New, used or old stock?

    > that I thought was chorus. Looking at it though I think it may be record. The hub doesn't have
    > "record" on it anywhere, but it does have that little metal band around the center of the hub
    > body, which I thought was only on record hubs. Anything else distiguishing for record vs. chorus 9
    > speed hubs?

    Does it look like this? : http://www.campagnolo.com/groupsets.php?gid=1&cid=4

    ~PB

  4. Robert-<< it does have that little metal band around the center of the hub body, which I thought was
    only on record hubs. Anything else distiguishing for record

    Silver 9/10s freehub body and titanium axle-Record, samo hub, steel axle, Chorus.

    It 'might' be a 8s hub with an aluminum freehub body for 8s ti cogs tho-The
    9/10s was deeply 'scalloped'-

    (10)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"