Help ID'ing Campy Ergos

res09c5t

Guest
Hi,
I took a look at a pair of shifters on a bike today that I'm trying to ID.
They have kind of a black painted body and no product line like "Record" on
them. They are on a bike with a 7 speed freewheel. I didn't think to check
to see if they have 8 clicks to them. Did Campy ever make 7 speed Ergos or
are they likely to be 8's shifting the seven speed freewheel? I was told
they were Record but it doesn't seem likely unless they are a very early
Ergos.

Thanks!

res09c5t wrote:
> Hi,
> I took a look at a pair of shifters on a bike today that I'm trying to ID.
> They have kind of a black painted body and no product line like "Record" on
> them. They are on a bike with a 7 speed freewheel. I didn't think to check
> to see if they have 8 clicks to them. Did Campy ever make 7 speed Ergos or
> are they likely to be 8's shifting the seven speed freewheel? I was told
> they were Record but it doesn't seem likely unless they are a very early
> Ergos.
>
> Thanks!

Black aluminum body were from first and second gen Record from 1991/2.
If the brake lever has a wee lip on the end, 1991, w/o it, 1992. 1993
they went to a plastic body. 8s was what they were, never 7s...stayed
8s until 1997.

That sounds like them. Thanks!