help installing cables on campy levers...

full_tilt

Jun 17, 2005
hi

i am replacing all cables & housings on my bike. it has a campy 9 speed chorus grupo.

the brand new campy deraileur housings have a metal piece at one end that fits over the housing, and if i read the instructions right this is the end that fits into the ergo body.

it doesn't seem possible to use this metal piece inside the ergo levers. what is this piece for?

the derailleur housing fits in the ergo body ok. once it's taped firm against the handlebars and routed towards the stem it seems like the housing is being bent a little where it fits inside the ergo body.

is this normal or i am doing something incorrectly?

thanks in advance for any help

full_tilt said:
hi

i am replacing all cables & housings on my bike. it has a campy 9 speed chorus grupo.

the brand new campy deraileur housings have a metal piece at one end that fits over the housing, and if i read the instructions right this is the end that fits into the ergo body.

it doesn't seem possible to use this metal piece inside the ergo levers. what is this piece for?

the derailleur housing fits in the ergo body ok. once it's taped firm against the handlebars and routed towards the stem it seems like the housing is being bent a little where it fits inside the ergo body.

I'm not sure I totally understand your question, but the "endcaps" on the cables should fit into the ergo body where the cables are placed...if it doesn't fit, perhaps the old one is already in there (they are pretty snug, and will stay in the body rather than coming off with the cable sometimes).

full_tilt said:
hi

I haven't changed things in a while but the way I remember it the brake cables do NOT use the end caps on the ergo body end.