Help! Kreitler bearing replacement

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Psycholist, May 25, 2004.

  1. Psycholist

    Psycholist Guest

    I've got the bearings. Now I just need any pearls of wisdom
    from anyone who's been through removing the rollers and
    bearings and putting it back together again. Seems like it
    should be simple, but I'm not sure about how to pop out the
    old bearings.

    Anyone done a do-it-yourself Kreitler bearing replacement
    and have any pearls of wisdom to share?

    I have the larger "challenger" rollers with alloy end caps.

    Thanks, Bob C.

    Tags:

  2. Psycholist

    Psycholist Guest

    "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've got the bearings. Now I just need any pearls of
    > wisdom from anyone who's been through removing the rollers
    > and bearings and putting it back together again. Seems
    > like it should be simple, but I'm not sure about
    how
    > to pop out the old bearings.
    >
    > Anyone done a do-it-yourself Kreitler bearing replacement
    > and have any pearls of wisdom to share?
    >
    > I have the larger "challenger" rollers with alloy
    > end caps.
    >
    > Thanks, Bob C.

    Nevermind. A very nice man named Ed with Kreitler's tech
    support walked me though the process. It was no big deal.

    Bob C.